“Application not installed” by trying to install *.apk at the phone

Home Forum Troubleshooting Android “Application not installed” by trying to install *.apk at the phone

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  eruwaedhiel 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

opus31337
    0p
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to compile and install a HelloWorld-app(basicgame) at my android phone (just like it is described here http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/wiki/doku.php/jme3:android).

I successfully built an apk-file and copied it to the phone. But by trying to install it, there was an error message: “application not
    installed”.

Does anyone have an idea, why it doesn’t work?

p.s. i’m sorry for my english:(

Skye Book
    368p
    Keymaster

Do you have your phone set up to install non-market (from unknown sources) applications?

http://pocketnow.com/how-to/how-to-install-non-market-apps-on-your-android-phone

opus31337
    0p
    Participant

Thank you for the answer. But my phone was already seted up for it:(

Normen Hansen
    2792p
    Keymaster

Do you use the SDK for deployment an do you do things like they are described in the manual? Can you update the SDK to the version that just came out and try again? It displays the android device log so you can see any error output.

opus31337
    0p
    Participant

@normen said:
    Do you use the SDK for deployment

Yes, the latest version (3.0beta)

@normen said:
    an do you do things like they are described in the manual?

yes. i just created new BasicGame(a blue cube) and tryed to transport it to my phone…

@normen said:
    Can you update the SDK to the version that just came out and try again? It displays the android device log so you can see any error output.

oh, there are really some updates for android aviable… i’m downloding it now;) “the android device log”… ähm… i can’t connect my phone to the pc and run applications with SDK on it:((i mean, without to copy apk to the phone)

Normen Hansen
    2792p
    Keymaster

@opus31337 said:
    ähm… i can’t connect my phone to the pc and run applications with SDK on it:((i mean, without to copy apk to the phone)

Öh, warum? ^^ (Why can’t you?)

opus31337
    0p
    Participant

@normen said: Why can’t you?

i don’t know how:) it doesn’t connect automatically and i couldn’t do it manual… i didn’t also found some information about it there:(

Normen Hansen
    2792p
    Keymaster

Its described in the manual. Set the project as main project, connect your phone, select “Android Device” next to the play button and make sure “compile on save” is disabled in the project settings. Then when you run your application its run on the device.

opus31337
    0p
    Participant

i did it just as you said:

do i have to install some additional software to be able to connect an android phone to the pc(like itunes for iphone) or something like that?

opus31337
    0p
    Participant

sometimes I’m getting 3 files by building the project: MyGame-release-unsigned.apk, MyGame-debug-unaligned.apk, MyGame-debug. What does it mean?

Normen Hansen
    2792p
    Keymaster

read the android SDK manual

masktuxedo
    10p
    Participant

This should clear up your question on signing and aligning:

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/building/index.html

and

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/building/building-cmdline.html

When you build with eclipse it will automatically sign (with debug key, or the real release key if you export the apk), and align for you, so you will not notice it.

Normen Hansen
    2792p
    Keymaster

@masktuxedo said:
    When you build with eclipse it will automatically sign (with debug key, or the real release key if you export the apk), and align for you, so you will not notice it.

This is a feature of the android SDK projects in general, not just under eclipse. Thats why the jmp build process creates the same files.

masktuxedo
    10p
    Participant

I thought only eclipse would sign with the debug key automatically (so you might not even know about it when you “run” from eclipse). If you build from the command line for example, I believe you have to create a debug key and include it in your build script.

Normen Hansen
    2792p
    Keymaster

No, you press “play” in the jME SDK just like in eclipse and the application runs on your phone.. or desktop for that matter, different than eclipse :P Thats why he gets the “-debug.apk”, its a normal feature of the android ant build script (which is also used by eclipse). For real (deployment) signing you have to specify a key in eclipse like in any other IDE which also just sets the values in the properties file of the android project. You can even open the mobile folder of the jME SDK projects in eclipse as an android project because of this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.