jMonkey in with JDK 1.7x

Home Forum Troubleshooting General jMonkey in with JDK 1.7x

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  morrowsend 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

morrowsend
    0p
    Participant

I’ve been using JDK1.6.0_20 for jMonkey development in both Netbeans and Eclipse. I recently upgraded to JDK 1.7.0_01 and JDK 1.7.0_2 and none of my jMonkey files compile. I get the following error:

Even on JDK 1.6x I have always gotten the warning on the first line, but the files still compiled and ran. Now it won’t run the resulting file. I’ve tested with both JDK 1.7x platforms. I should note that the file “/home/user/NetBeansProjects/jMEProject1/liblwjgl.so” does exist, but I don’t know where “libjawt.so” might be. Any ideas?

Empire Phoenix
    615p
    Participant

well you probably do not have the native build with the right bitcount. (Installed a 54 bit vm and former was 32 or other way round)

morrowsend
    0p
    Participant

I had downloaded the Netbeans7.0+JDK1.7 bundle for 32-bit x86 linux. Is there any way to fix it so I can use the new JDK?

Skye Book
    368p
    Keymaster

This looks more like a classpath error than anything.. Weird. Have you tried deleting the natives that have already been extracted?

morrowsend
    0p
    Participant

@sbook said:
    This looks more like a classpath error than anything.. Weird. Have you tried deleting the natives that have already been extracted?

I have all 3 JDKs installed, I have just been selecting between them when loading netbeans via the terminal using the —jdk-home switch. What should I delete and where might they be located?

glaucomardano
    292p
    Participant

Downgrade to jdk 6 and problem solved xD.

Skye Book
    368p
    Keymaster

The natives are those “.so” files you’re seeing referenced.

morrowsend
    0p
    Participant

I deleted the .so files, restarted Netbeans yet I still get the same error.

Skye Book
    368p
    Keymaster

Normen Hansen
    2792p
    Keymaster

Are the .so files being extracted again after you delete them?

morrowsend
    0p
    Participant

@normen said:
    Are the .so files being extracted again after you delete them?

No, they are only recreated if I run JDK 1.6 again, but not when I run either of the JKD1.7 versions.

Normen Hansen
    2792p
    Keymaster

So those are not the files you look for, probably the extraction dir is use_home because java applications cannot write to the application dir under 1.7 or something.

morrowsend
    0p
    Participant

I searched my whole computer for those filenames. I did find one of those files liblwjgl.so in my home folder and copied it to the project folder, but I still get the same error. I don’t think that was related to the new JDK. All the other ones found were in older project folders. I think I had at some point created a project within the home folder itself long ago which left it there.

Also, I started a new project from existing sources and imported the jMonkery libraries. This also gave the same error and did not work.

Skye Book
    368p
    Keymaster

Apparently you aren’t the first to have problems in NetBeans with Java 7…

http://netbeans-org.1045718.n5.nabble.com/JDK-1-7-instability-in-Netbeans-7-0-1-td4765428.html

morrowsend
    0p
    Participant

It is not only with netBeans 7, it acts the same when I use JDK1.7 in Netbeans 6.8 and 6.9 too… weird.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.