jMonkey in with JDK 1.7x

Home Forum Troubleshooting General jMonkey in with JDK 1.7x

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  morrowsend 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #23154

    morrowsend
    0p
    Participant

    I’ve been using JDK1.6.0_20 for jMonkey development in both Netbeans and Eclipse. I recently upgraded to JDK 1.7.0_01 and JDK 1.7.0_2 and none of my jMonkey files compile. I get the following error:

    Even on JDK 1.6x I have always gotten the warning on the first line, but the files still compiled and ran. Now it won’t run the resulting file. I’ve tested with both JDK 1.7x platforms. I should note that the file “/home/user/NetBeansProjects/jMEProject1/liblwjgl.so” does exist, but I don’t know where “libjawt.so” might be. Any ideas?

    #159193

    Empire Phoenix
    615p
    Participant

    well you probably do not have the native build with the right bitcount. (Installed a 54 bit vm and former was 32 or other way round)

    #159194

    morrowsend
    0p
    Participant

    I had downloaded the Netbeans7.0+JDK1.7 bundle for 32-bit x86 linux. Is there any way to fix it so I can use the new JDK?

    #159195

    Skye Book
    368p
    Keymaster

    This looks more like a classpath error than anything.. Weird. Have you tried deleting the natives that have already been extracted?

    #159196

    morrowsend
    0p
    Participant

    @sbook said:
    This looks more like a classpath error than anything.. Weird. Have you tried deleting the natives that have already been extracted?

    I have all 3 JDKs installed, I have just been selecting between them when loading netbeans via the terminal using the —jdk-home switch. What should I delete and where might they be located?

    #159197

    glaucomardano
    292p
    Participant

    Downgrade to jdk 6 and problem solved xD.

    #159198

    Skye Book
    368p
    Keymaster

    The natives are those “.so” files you’re seeing referenced.

    #159199

    morrowsend
    0p
    Participant

    I deleted the .so files, restarted Netbeans yet I still get the same error.

    #159200

    Skye Book
    368p
    Keymaster
    #159201

    Normen Hansen
    2792p
    Keymaster

    Are the .so files being extracted again after you delete them?

    #159202

    morrowsend
    0p
    Participant

    @normen said:
    Are the .so files being extracted again after you delete them?

    No, they are only recreated if I run JDK 1.6 again, but not when I run either of the JKD1.7 versions.

    #159203

    Normen Hansen
    2792p
    Keymaster

    So those are not the files you look for, probably the extraction dir is use_home because java applications cannot write to the application dir under 1.7 or something.

    #159204

    morrowsend
    0p
    Participant

    I searched my whole computer for those filenames. I did find one of those files liblwjgl.so in my home folder and copied it to the project folder, but I still get the same error. I don’t think that was related to the new JDK. All the other ones found were in older project folders. I think I had at some point created a project within the home folder itself long ago which left it there.

    Also, I started a new project from existing sources and imported the jMonkery libraries. This also gave the same error and did not work.

    #159205

    Skye Book
    368p
    Keymaster

    Apparently you aren’t the first to have problems in NetBeans with Java 7…

    http://netbeans-org.1045718.n5.nabble.com/JDK-1-7-instability-in-Netbeans-7-0-1-td4765428.html

    #159206

    morrowsend
    0p
    Participant

    It is not only with netBeans 7, it acts the same when I use JDK1.7 in Netbeans 6.8 and 6.9 too… weird.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.