NormalMaps+Lighting Issue

Home Forum Troubleshooting Graphics NormalMaps+Lighting Issue

This topic contains 35 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nehon 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    +4

nehon
    1871p
    Keymaster

This issue is fixed in last SVN.
    The vertices with mirrored uvs are now split. So proper lighting will come at the expense of few additional vertices.
    here are the results on your model. Please test.
    This is optional so to test use TangentBinormalGenerator.generate(model,true) (true being splitMirrored).
    I intend to go further and split vertices that have very twisted tangent space (they do in ogre), I guess it will fix some more lighting inconsistencies on normal mapped models.
    Before (side light):

After :

Before (top light) :

After :

Edit : this guy is really creepy….

mifth
    359p
    Participant

@nehon said:
    This issue is fixed in last SVN.
    The vertices with mirrored uvs are now split. So proper lighting will come at the expense of few additional vertices.
    here are the results on your model. Please test.
    This is optional so to test use TangentBinormalGenerator.generate(model,true) (true being splitMirrored).
    I intend to go further and split vertices that have very twisted tangent space (they do in ogre), I guess it will fix some more lighting inconsistencies on normal mapped models.

Hi! Lighting looks correctly on both sides. But i found now issue with vertex split.
    I downloaded here the TangenetGenerator: https://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/source/browse/trunk/engine/src/core/com/jme3/util/TangentBinormalGenerator.java?spec=svn10699&r=10699
    My test project: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26887202/JME/NormalMapTest_3.zip
    Just run Test.java in my project.

Here is my screenshots:

PS: This creepy guy helps us to fix all issues. :)

nehon
    1871p
    Keymaster

@nehon said:

dude please read. you have to pass true. You’re still generating the old way.

The artifacts are worst than before though. I know why, I’ll make it work as before…even if it was wrong.

mifth
    359p
    Participant

@nehon said:

The artifacts are worst than before though. I know why, I’ll make it work as before…even if it was wrong.

OOOOhhhh!!!! Sorry me please! I have missed that. Now it works super cool! no any rtifacts!
    Thank you a lot!!!!

mifth
    359p
    Participant

@nehon said:

Can you also add this option to SDK? When i click rightClick->Tools->Generate Tangents.

+3

nehon
    1871p
    Keymaster

oh btw I did add the option in the sdk and forgot to mention

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.