(August2015) Montly WIP screenshot thread

This month I wont miss out :smile:

Behold: My ugly testship under fire from another ship.
Bonus points: I was to lazy to fit the energy generator and the cargos inside when I added those, so I just strapped them to the hull.

16 Likes

Nice nebula in the skymap, mind to share how you did it ?
I am trying to make similar nebula using the GIMP, but I could not get such result yet.

Search for the program SpaceScape, it needs some timeto adjust the filters but works great.

https://d.maxfile.ro/diwgupjlzv.jpeg

:no_mouth: :confused: :hushed:

https://d.maxfile.ro/agagbzeaxx.jpeg

jokes apart i am a big fan of space games. What is this project about?

5 Likes

Working hard with those damn lights!!!

Natural light (sun / moon) and Artificial light working together!!

My next goal is to convert my project to use 100% of Lemur.

6 Likes

Little early and not much than bug fixes & under the hood stuff. But I was curious about the ShadowPlay, so, here it goes:

12 Likes

I added a chicken passive mob to Spoxel… and then decided to add it as a mutator in my spell system so you can now have flaming chicken projectiles.

14 Likes

Hi,
after many years of development, I’d like to present my aerospace flight simulator. It is built using the physics of my BSc thesis, about multi-body dynamics, and JME3. Due to the current focus on atmospheric effects I’d like to show you these.

Turning onto final approach:

Atmosphere with haze:

Sunset from space:

Sunset from a mountain:

View from space:

Approaching the runway with fog, 500 meters visibility and 800 meters runway visual range (=visibility of lights):

Hope you like it.

36 Likes

Wow.

Could you make a video?

2 Likes

Will do so, I have 3 exams to go, which I would like to finish until the end of september, so please be patient. But you can expect it in the not so far future :wink:

3 Likes

Would be interesting to hear about what techniques you’ve used if you are ever willing to share.

1 Like

Looks awesome! Really really good. I’d also love to see a video.

tonihele, how will your game work with regards to DK2 assets?

OpenTTD way hopefully :slight_smile: Currently we don’t have a proper replacement pipeline even in place, some bits here and there. And it is not a priority. It is a great deal of work for a complete assets replacement. And the new assets would not use the same techniques (MP2 & MP2 [sounds, file extension], vertex animations etc), so they would require some work in supporting such. And it is far too early for such.

It would be great at first to have replacement textures. Since we really can’t even expand the original textures with additional texture maps, such as light & normal maps. Because of the legal issues, probably drawing a light map for a copyrighted texture counts as a derivative work and gets us to jail. But instead of directly replacing all, textures would be the way to go.

But there are lot’s of other assets, such as the game data itself. So I think we require DK II for years to come.

The clear sky model is an implementation of the paper “Precomputed Atmospheric Scattering”, Bruneton et al.
The fog/haze is a simple Beer-Lambert exponential law, with the color based on daylight and optical depth from the top of the fog layer.
I store the transmittance (or remaining intensity) in the alpha channel of the rendered scene. This value is used to compute a separate transmittance for all light emitting objects, such as the point light halos in the last image. (See:
this thread)

1 Like

In the previous month I’ve developed a game called Phenomenally powerful princess pink vs the scary stinking slimy slugs.

Don’t you believe me? See below:

[EDIT] official announcement here [EDIT: Please partecipate at the pool!] Phenomenally powerful princess Pink vs the scary stinking slimy slugs

Not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of it though :expressionless:

5 Likes

Against my better judgement… I tried this :slight_smile: Doesn’t start without increasing the heap size, I used -Xms512m to the package.cfg. In the game however the thing you control and the things flying at you (?) are just huge black quads. Did you forget some assets?

1 Like

:neutral_face:
Is that dress suitable for fighting weird looking aliens?

Head Tracking!

package characterControl;

import com.jme3.animation.Bone;
import com.jme3.animation.SkeletonControl;
import com.jme3.math.Quaternion;
import com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager;
import com.jme3.renderer.ViewPort;
import com.jme3.scene.Spatial;
import com.jme3.scene.control.AbstractControl;
import com.jme3.math.Vector3f;

/**
 * @author Zachariah
 */

public class HeadTrackControl extends AbstractControl {

private Bone head;

private Spatial focus;

private Vector3f focusPoint = new Vector3f();

@Override
    public void setSpatial(Spatial spatial) {
        super.setSpatial(spatial);

head = ((SkeletonControl)spatial.getControl(SkeletonControl.class)).getSkeleton().getBone("Head");
    }

public void setFocus(Spatial focusobject) {
        this.focus = focusobject;
    }

@Override
    protected void controlUpdate(float tpf) {

if(enabled && focus != null) {

head.setUserControl(true);

focusPoint.set(focus.getWorldTranslation().subtract(getSpatial().getWorldTranslation()));

Vector3f headPosition = head.getModelSpacePosition();
            Vector3f direction = headPosition.subtract(focusPoint).negateLocal();

Quaternion focusQuat = new Quaternion();

focusQuat.lookAt(direction, Vector3f.UNIT_Y);
            focusQuat.normalizeLocal();

head.setUserTransformsWorld(head.getModelSpacePosition(), focusQuat);

} else if(focus == null) {
            setEnabled(false);
        }
    }

@Override
    protected void controlRender(RenderManager rm, ViewPort vp) {

}

}
17 Likes

hi,
I made some progresse on softBodies,
check out this cute & soft bunny :