(August2015) Montly WIP screenshot thread

Its so squishy I’m gonna die

In case it isn’t, I’ll provide other dresses as paid DLC.

6 Likes

Thank you for testing! The 32-bit version seems to have multiple issues… don’t know why. The 64 bit should work ok.
Have a look at the official announcement here!

@DannyJo and I continue working at Skylimit Tycoon and we’ve written some more regarding high level features.

We’ve added support for automatic placement of windows as you can see in the screenshot below and been working some at the GUI.

The current project is the Modding Editor that we need for designing rooms, adding items, scripting (JavaScript), etc. The Modding Editor will be a standalone JavaFX application with a preview pane that show the room using JME3.

10 Likes

We’ve been busy with the Learning AI for Project Aleron.

We do have a new visible feature though: Tactical Grid View.

Some players, like myself, like to see the tile distances and height differences immediately.
So now players can toggle the grid overlay during combat. :smiley:

8 Likes

There is still quite a lot to do in the back-end but here is what the new battle map should look like for Rip :smiley:

I must say, the print screen function in JME do give it some wierd effect tho

3 Likes

@SimonBedard I love RTS and RPG! Your game seems to be cool! Can’t wait to play it! Keep up the good work!

Thanks :smiley: But i must warn you its closer too the TBS then RTS :stuck_out_tongue:

Skullstone in Full HD :slight_smile:

17 Likes

just wow :chimpanzee_surprised:

Looks incredible. Feels like it deserves a video! =)

2 Likes

I’ve been working on getting jMonkeyEngine using LWJGL 3 and thought I’d post a screenshot in here. Not much is changing in terms of looks though but I thought a screenshot would be nice :smiley:

It now uses GLFW for creating the window and handling key and mouse input. Audio still works as well which is a bonus of course :smiley:

Overall things are looking pretty good. I still need to test off screen rendering and canvas though.

11 Likes

Will this make to JME 3.1? I doubt it will be included in small updates 3.1.x → having to wait for JME 3.2 which is probably long way to go :slight_smile:

This is the game I was working in the last 6 months, its my first 3d game and my fist attempt with jmonkey :

http://s28.postimg.org/84bek3upp/bmshot_stats.png
http://s27.postimg.org/tpjdk5ghv/game_screen.png

Its in advanced stage now, the first phase is almost complete, I am planning to launch the phase 1 for free on steam, and then the other phases as payed game.
It has some features like procedure generated asteroids + break system, customization equipment for the ship and joystick. The game is something like Blasteroids + Stardust, there is a lot to be done yet.
Tell me what you think !

20 Likes

Awesome! What’d you use for the GUI in the first screenshot?

Nifty.

2 Likes

@wagfeliz Cool, not bad for a first. Found a few typos there in the menu though “An cheap and very effective extra torpedo” should be “A cheap”, “explosion ratios” needs to be “explosion radius” and “a colony” not “an colony”. Might be a good idea to correct all that before release :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry for going all grammar police on you, but large errors in areas like the menu make the game look really cheap (at least to me) and its easy to fix, so why not make it look professional? :smiley:

2 Likes

Ha yet True ! hehehe :smile:
There is a lot of refinement to do yet, I didnt finish even the descriptions for all this texts so it was planned to do anyway.
Thanks for the tips !

Implemented windows and day/night cycle of window colours for Skylimit Tycoon.

7 Likes

Well I don’t know to be honest but seeing that 3.1 is getting rather close you’re probably right :smiley:

Once I get all bits and bobs working I need to run it past some core devs and they need to find time to have a play with it I believe to ensure things have not been missed.

2 Likes