Blinking skybox

hi there, i recently update my project to JME 3.1 and i got lot of issues
One of this is my sky box blinking

before the update i used this :

Texture sky = assetManager.loadTexture("tex/environment/sky.jpg");
Spatial skySpatial = SkyFactory.createSky(assetManager, sky, new Vector3f(-1, 1, 1), true);
rootNode.attachChild(skySpatial);

When i run my game the skybox was blinking but SkyFactory.createSky() became deprecated
So i change my code to this :

Texture sky = assetManager.loadTexture("tex/environment/sky.jpg");
Spatial skySpatial = SkyFactory.createSky(assetManager, sky, EnvMapType.SphereMap);
rootNode.attachChild(skySpatial);

This time SkyFactory.create was no longer deprecated but sky still blinking

Is it due to the alpha version ?

note: sky.jpg is just a 1x1 blue pixel image

Screen or videos will help on what you mean with ā€œblinkingā€

The fact that ā€˜rootNodeā€™ is being used like a method here makes me wonder what itā€™s really returning. Is it the actual JME rootNode or something else?

i try to record it but it blink really fast itā€™s hard to see, i mean normaly the sky box is light blue but it turn to black really quickly and blue and black and blueā€¦

Just sitting stillā€¦ turning the cameraā€¦ jumping up and down?

my bad, itā€™s rootNode.attach
i edited my post :S

yes I tried, it did it every time and donā€™t stop
I switch back to old jmonkey and it work fine
I think itā€™s a due to the alpha version, very annoying :S
There many other things wrong with the new version like my blender model (characters only got one arm) and blender animation load strangely (axe X rotation become axe Z rotation)

Yes, I had skybox probs in new alpha too.

Just give us a video. If we donā€™t have any example of your problem itā€™s even harder than you can think for us to help you,trust me.

What if you try Equirect for the type of skybox?

mhhhā€¦ why not have a solid background color instead then?

Just a quick thought: Have you tried a 2x2 texture? Maybe there is something struggeling with the ā€œpower of 2ā€.

1 is a power of 2 technically.

1 Like

Yes sure, but I donā€™t know if the skybox is happy with a 2^0 :wink: Anyway, using a skycolor instead of a texture would be the better solution.