(December 2014) Monthly WIP Screenshot Thread

I’ll open this month screen shot series with my progress on PBR

I’m closer and closer to something usable

12 Likes

nehon stay the master of “wow effect” (fr: effet waouh) !

I follow with my game for LD31 (a pacman clone) using deferred pipeline (each gum is a point light).

5 Likes

a quick test of dealing and handling cards in my card game project

2 Likes

I’ve worked on a new modeler for Minecraft where you can create the model, paint the Texture and animate it.
It’s called MCAnimator :slight_smile:
MCAnimator

Thanks to David Bernard for some really useful help!

3 Likes
@nehon

I’m closer and closer to something usable

Wicked sick! I was reading your PBR post the today, didn’t expect to see a working result this soon. Kudos.

But does it mean the current material system will be deprecated? and the shader nodes?

wow nice work!

EDIT : that was for @Axel

@iamcreasy said: Wicked sick! I was reading your PBR post the today, didn't expect to see a working result this soon. Kudos.

But does it mean the current material system will be deprecated? and the shader nodes?

And since this pic I made some progress.
also repainted one of my models for PBR, I’ll make a video during the week. It really showcases better.
I’m writing the 3rd article right now.

PBR will be an alternative material, you’ll basically have a PBRLighting.j3md, or something along those lines.
So you’ll still be able to use regular lighting if you want.
However PBR requires special env maps to be generated, so there is some work to do so that it’s easy to generate them.

2 Likes
@nehon said: And since this pic I made some progress. also repainted one of my models for PBR, I'll make a video during the week. It really showcases better. I'm writing the 3rd article right now.

PBR will be an alternative material, you’ll basically have a PBRLighting.j3md, or something along those lines.
So you’ll still be able to use regular lighting if you want.
However PBR requires special env maps to be generated, so there is some work to do so that it’s easy to generate them.

Just bought Substance indie pack for christmas :slight_smile: …Can’t wait to play with it in JME !!!

@haze said: Just bought Substance indie pack for christmas :) ...Can't wait to play with it in JME !!!
Me too...and fell in love with it.

Made some progress on PBR.

This is a model of mine entirely re-textured for PBR with only HDR env map lighting. No direct lighting at all.

5 Likes

Looks awesome! Is there any PBR work in the master branch or is this just a personal project?

There is a PBRisComing branch, where PBR implementation will be done.
Then it will be merged to core at some point idk if it will be for 3.1 or 3.2

3 Likes

And the crowd chants: “3.1! 3.1! 3.1!” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I already see the posts incoming where people realize that without any realtime global illumination PBR looks only really pretty in a very static environment. You have done a great job implementing all the features, i just hope that you have not overhyped the new lighting system :monkey_face:

Well, there are ways to make it dynamic.
To some extends and at some expense…

Yeah that’s what I’m struggling with now.

I have a nice looking BRDF working with punctual lights and am capturing dynamic cube maps with various light probes dotted around the scene. The problem is convolving their diffuse/specular maps fast enough to use for IBL

I studied maths and computer science at university but thought it would be more useful to focus on computer science for a career in software development… oh how wrong I was!

Hello monthly screenshot champs! Working on anything cool these days? Whether it’s the same thing as it was back when this thread started or something brand new, however big or small, please consider sharing it for the 2015 jMonkeyEngine showcase video:

Keep the WIPs coming!