Example Games with Source-Code for learning

A few of my open source tools are full up JME apps and show how to use app states and stuff:

There are also Zay-ES examples that you can find… Asteroid Panic and Monkey Trap.

It turns out that I use controls minimally in my ES-based applications but there are some usage. I use a lot of app states as I find it a very nice service model.

2 Likes

Wow thanks for that one. That definitely shows a lot about AppStates :wink:
Especially those VersionedReferences seem pretty useful.

Most of my projects are simple small projects.

They aren’t that great but I’ll bet you can find what you’re looking for. They should all be cross-platform to Android as well.

1 Like

Thanks thats exactly what I was looking for, really useful. I´ll look deeper into that one when I have more time. Thanks :wink:

There was a game project for this exact purpose done by @ndebruyn with some assistance from me and others.

I don’t know what state the source code is in right now. I’m pretty sure it still targets 3.0.

Wow that´s great :smile:
I really like the games structure, and I like the used galago framework (com.bruynhuis.galago). Any hint on where I can find it? :wink:

Are there any example of android games source codes. I really need some examples how to use touch control and how to code for android on jme.

Hi @jen_sen,

There is no real difference between coding for PC and coding for android.

You can use all the normal code such as the MouseButtonTrigger. Check for Left mouse button.

If you want to use the RawInputListener.

1 Like

If you look at my reply from higher up my Github contains my projects.

Most are cross platform to Android.

1 Like

Also note: depending on what you are trying to do with touch… if it is somehow interacting with a UI then the Lemur UI library supports multi-touch “out of the box”, so to speak. Like, you can drag one slider with one finger while you drag another slider with another.

This picking event model is also usable on its own without the GUI parts.

1 Like

Lemur library? never heard of it but it sounds interesting. Where can i learn more about it.

Thanks BigBob for your projects it will be fun to study them :smile: :heart_eyes:

Hi friend :hand:

1: http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/lemur-gems-1-inputmapper-based-camera-movement/

2: http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/lemur-gems-2-inputmapper-delegates/

3: Lemur Gems #3 : Scene picking

4: Lemur Gems #4 : Simple Mesh Deformation

Complete NEWBIE here to the jmonkey engine.

I’m looking for and would suggest to the developers that, the “basicGame” that the IDE instructs us to setup first, should be configured to use either opengl v1 or v2 .

As a newbie, i installed, setup the basicgame, decided to test run the project, only to see an error with opengl version.

I did the driver update, didn’t help, my dell POS is old like me and doesn’t support opengl v2, but instead has opengl v1.4 installed.

Left scratching my head and wondering i can even use jmonkey, i searched and found references online and in the jmonkey GUI help.

Problem is, i’m a newbie and being forced to edit the code that i don’t completely understand…

my search suggests that the engine can be used with opengl v1 IF it’s configured to do so.

Does a version of the “basic game” exist where i can select the version of opengl to use ( maybe a pop-up at run time ) informing me that opengl v2 isn’t supported, click this [button] to configure and run using opengl v1 instead.

seems to me the default “basicgame” should be configured this way from the get go… seeing that i almost uninstalled thinking my computer graphics card wasn’t compatible, but turns out ( only through searching and using specific settings) that it mite still work ! .

If such a project exists, please link me up ! .

JME doesn’t support OpenGL 1 anymore because JME is a shader-based engine and OpenGL 1 doesn’t support shaders at all.

Mybe the help files should be updated to reflect this, because the help files told me jmonkey can be set to use opengl v1 and even tells what and where to put the sample code !..

In JME 3.1, this won’t work anymore.

And PS my graphics card supports -

vertex shader 3.0
pixel shader v2.0

sooo…

For DirectX? You could try Unity.

Yes! Right here:

Thanks but I´ve already found out :smiley: