Executable jar

I've just created a very simple game and would like to run it from an executable jar file. I've built all the files with an ant script and everything works except when i run the jar file the debug text document reads:

2007-maj-25 15:50:17 com.jme.app.BaseGame start

INFO: Application started.

2007-maj-25 15:50:17 com.jme.system.PropertiesIO <init>

INFO: PropertiesIO created

2007-maj-25 15:50:17 com.jme.system.PropertiesIO load

VARNING: Could not load properties. Creating a new one.

2007-maj-25 15:50:17 com.jme.app.BaseSimpleGame cleanup

INFO: Cleaning up resources.

And the start window will not appear. How can I solve this problem? It seems like I must send a property file with the jar? :?

Any help will be gladly appriciated :slight_smile:

Hmm… there's nothing in that log to indicate what the problem might be.  :?

Seems that the JAR is tryng to create a file locally, have you signed the JAR? could be for that…

Maybe, but that message always appears on the first run of jME.

Yeah…I know, but it will usually start the application window were ypu select attributes for the render window as it does when you run it as a java application from eclipse. However when you run it from the jar file it won't appear.

I might got it. What is your JRE version?

In 1.6, they changed some of java.util.Properties code (added FileReader and stuff), it might be something because of that.

At my company, automatic application webinstall system crashed because a client tried to install application with 1.6 JRE, and our autoinstall library was compiled with 1.5.

Not to mention, when running on 1.6 from the Idea, everything works like cake.

Compilation to .jar under 1.6 solved problem, so you can CO sources and build JME by youself.

Carpe diem.

Sadly my JRE is infact 1.6 so  :frowning: