(February 2014) Monthly WIP Screenshot Thread

Guess I make the start this month

And I will never ever make a 10 wheel vehicle with bullet again, finding usefull values for the wheels is really a lot of trail and error (especially due to the uneven distribution).

5 Likes

Looks cool, Empire.

Is the “high ambient” look the look you are going for? Or are you just worrying about lighting later?

There is barely any lighting so far, I wait till we get a deferred implementation developer ready (or I myself the time to start working on that more) :slight_smile:

But the targeted look is more sinister dark later on.

@Empire Phoenix said: There is barely any lighting so far, I wait till we get a deferred implementation developer ready (or I myself the time to start working on that more) :)

But the targeted look is more sinister dark later on.

Sounds cool.

If your intent was to have minimal lighting then I was going to nudge you towards the drop shadow work I did for Monkey Trap. It can add a lot to a scene without adding shadow-sized levels of overhead.

…but deferred rendering will be even cooler.

Very nice!

@Empire Phoenix said:

And I will never ever make a 10 wheel vehicle with bullet again, finding usefull values for the wheels is really a lot of trail and error (especially due to the uneven distribution).

What was happening specifically? Just curious.

Well nothing really special, but finding good values for 4 wheels is kinda hard already, finding good ones for all 10 where 4 are steerable and they are uneven distributed is really hard.
(eg Influencer, Friction Slip, ect.)

@Empire Phoenix said: Guess I make the start this month

Really cool stuff!

looks really good, i wish i had something to show but not much looks different from the last time i’ve participated in this thread.

I’ve only been working on this for a little while now… so be kind:

I hoping to replace the blue box with a game… very soon.

6 Likes
@t0neg0d said: I've only been working on this for a little while now... so be kind:

lol, made my day :smiley:

@t0neg0d said: I've only been working on this for a little while now... so be kind:

Wow, really impressive ! i love the color(s) =D

1 Like

omg you stole that from BasicGame, and passing it off as your own?!?!

the god’s shall not be pleased when they hear about this

3 Likes

The physics are amazing. It looks exactly like a block sitting there. Did you use bullet or write your own physics engine? :wink:

2 Likes
@pspeed said: The physics are amazing. It looks exactly like a block sitting there. Did you use bullet or write your own physics engine? ;)

I actually had the pope bless this and an angel was sent to indefinitely suspend the box.

@wezrule said: omg you stole that from BasicGame, and passing it off as your own?!?!

the god’s shall not be pleased when they hear about this

This is funny in so many ways (to me)! U b funny!

1 Like

I wish I had something real to contribute to these threads… the stuff you all post is really cool. One of these days, I tell you!

Ohhh! It’s a cube. I was thinkin this was actually a black room with a octagonal window into a blue world… Perhaps… The bottom of a sea? Will there be a pineapple, a burger joint, and a yellow square like character with a nasally voice? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!! AAHHHHH! :wink:

Also I share your sentiment @t0neg0d. I’m trying to slap something together so I can post here. Modeling is new for me though and I’m learning the hard way that importing models from Sketchup into Blender is a test in patience (Also attempting to write down how to do just that step by step for those of us crazy enough to try it).

@thecyberbob said: Ohhh! It's a cube. I was thinkin this was actually a black room with a octagonal window into a blue world... Perhaps... The bottom of a sea? Will there be a pineapple, a burger joint, and a yellow square like character with a nasally voice? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!! AAHHHHH! ;)

I never thought of it this way. Maybe the rest of us have it backwards.

Perhaps it’s an entirely subjective experience that will teach us about ourselves. “Am I inside looking out or outside looking in?”

@t0neg0d said: I wish I had something *real* to contribute to these threads... the stuff you all post is really cool. One of these days, I tell you!

Well it doesn’t have to be a game or so, can also be screenshot of you doing some stuff with your gui framework, or whatever, you surely are developing something currently or?

@pspeed said: "Am I inside looking out or outside looking in?"

Nope. We’re all batshit crazy and imagining things. Not one of you is real. You’re all fabrications, a work of cerebral fiction.

12 internet points for those that see the contradiction! :stuck_out_tongue: