Google Play: Wagon Trail

Super, thanks.
I will give it a try.

@BigBob,
I am using gimp, do you know how to invert the alpha?

@ndebruyn

Colors → Components → Decompose → Select RGBA → Select the Alpha Channel in the Layers Window →
Colors Invert (you should see the alpha channel change colors only) → Colors → Recompose → Select RGBA → You should have the image alpha flipped → Overwrite the pervious image

Downloading now :smiley:

@taintedpyro813

Be prepared to be unimpressed

Im not downloading to see a perfect multi-developer game. i know there will be bugs. i know there are tons of unimplemented things. i know there will be problems but i want to see your game and i want to give you positive constructive feedback for what it is. Also i used to play Oregon trail when i was younger so this will be a nice little experience

couple of things that i may suggest from just playing a little while.

• maybe try two sticks one for moving and one for aiming or changing direction. also it would be nice if you could walk and turn at the same time without it being kind of glitchy and hopping around
  • At the start tell the player some suggested items he should buy or what he will probably need for his journey and have that list accessible whenever a person may need it.
  • have npc or shops labeled so the player knows what they have or what they are selling without having to talk to the person just to find out what they have to offer.

well im ganna continue to play a little bit those were just my intial thoughts on the game

@taintedpyro813

On my github for the game there is the remains of a short lived dual joystick control.

It was a failure, and the controls you see now are the third attempt at a control.

I planned to implement a main menu with a tutorial area. I ended up getting frustrated with it and needed to take a break, I still havent regained enough interest

im sad to hear that. sadly im not very experienced with game programming or jmonkey as i am a beginner java programmer. i wonder if there is any mobile control system created by some other jmonkey community member that would be willing to let you use or get ideas from there controller. But yes i think a tutorial of some sort is a must needed feature as the game just throws the player in without any knowledge of what to do.

found these two topics that might be helpful to you.

What you see on the screen is the tonegod joystick.

What is causing it to jump around and not have smooth two finger touch transitions? at least thats what i am experiencing on my phone. i have an HTC one M8

I don’t know if you care but if you want to fix your issues with models that @iamcreasy reported it looks like using ogre xml animated models don’t have this issue. I get the same thing when using models from .blend to .j3o but no issues when gong .mesh.xml to j3o. it looks great either way on desktop but on Nexus 7 and Gaxliy S4 you get the same effects where the models look like they are ripping them selves apart.

EDIT:
You will need the old Blender 2.57 to do this :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I am able to export to ogre .xml but the animation only exports one animation.

It looks like I’d have to put them all on one track and pull out sub animations or something.

Is there an easy way to change the animations over to a way that ogre will export all animations?

I just looked at the Blender 2 Ogre Wiki - AnimationExport and I assume you are reading the same thing I am. It does seem like the structure of you animations would need to be reworked. I am planning on reanimating a mesh tonight I will post on what I find. @BigBob if you would also post if you find a solution sooner that would be great it would help me with my project as well.

If I recall I remember something called baked constraints I read about in a post previous to this.

It was this knowledge that led me to know that I had to rework animations.

I may actually takea shot at 3.1’s .j3o blender importer to see if maybe it fixed there.

In the NLA view right click and drag animations on to one track

After about a year I have finally fixed the spikey model issue.

I am currently going through the process of updating my Android applications.

These bug fixes were major obstacles in making games for Android. Now that they are solved (10 months later) I am able to continue my Android development

The new update is now available at Google Play.

The updated source is still on my github

The game now also contains a river crossing scenario as well as a family to travel with.

3 Likes

What was the problem?

It looks like the issue was hardware skinning.

By simply upgrading to 3.1 it solved the issue. But the 3.1 had it’s own issue with terrain.

So once this issue was solved, I am now able to port my old Android applications to JME 3.1.

There is one final Bug I know of

But this is not a game breaking glitch.

2 Likes