How to run the 3.1 master?

Feeling adventurous, so I:

• Downloaded master
  • run gradlew.bat
  • build successful.

Now what? Where is the SDK executable?

There is none, you have to open the SDK project in the SDK or NetBeans and run it or run the build-zip ant task in the SDK using ant.

Apparently, I also need java 7.

:chimpanzee_annoyed:

1. clone master
  2. cd jmonkeyengine
  3. ./gradlew build
  4. ant -f ./sdk build-zip
    zip is in sdk/dist/jmonkeyplatform.zip

Compiles well with jdk 8, runs well with jdk 8 except this little new “java not found” problem that has been introduced a couple of days ago.
you might want to copy or link a jdk to the jdk folder of the unzipped sdk (see old skd structure) and also might want to add the blender folder from sdk3.0.

3 Likes

Worked! I’ve put it on a virtual machine, now I’m pulling the repo of my sources… :chimpanzee_amused:

Got the error below. Since it’s a nightly I probably can’t complain. Oh well, at least it compiled :smile:

Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
NoSuchMethodError: com.jme3.renderer.ViewPort.getScenes()Ljava/util/List;

Grave: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.jme3.renderer.ViewPort.getScenes()Ljava/util/List;
    at com.jme3.ai.agents.util.control.MonkeyBrainsAppState.setApp(MonkeyBrainsAppState.java:356)
    at prototype.Prototype.simpleInitApp(Prototype.java:169)
    at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:227)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:130)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:209)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

A NoSuchMethodError means you need to recompile something. A method signature changed and something calling it was not recompiled.

OK. @tihomir, what do you think about it? MonkeyBrains has issues with the nightly?

Its supposed to work with the 3.0 stable version and 3.1 won’t be compatible with that so they either have to make a new version for 3.1 or if its just small compile issues (like this method signature which would probably work with a simple recompile of monkeybrains) then you can just compile monkeybrains yourself with the 3.1 version of the engine.

There is none, you have to open the SDK project in the SDK or NetBeans and run it or run the build-zip ant task in the SDK using ant.

If anyone is wondering, what to do after this -

You can find the jMonkeyPlatform.zip under sdk/dist/

Unzip it, and you’ll fine the jMP lancher under jMonkeyPlatform/bin/

If you are on linux distribution and your jMP update isn’t taking place, read this thread.

Thanks so much Steve. I could build SDK with your guidance. :grinning: