Is it ilegal to creat a game from a tv series story?

Where do you live ???

@wagfeliz I’m pretty sure he lives in South Korea.

There is not copyright in South Korea ? Thats new for me.

let me just not mention that my friend.
I plan to move South Korea . the copyright is obeyed in Korea.

do not mistake. there is copyright in South Korea. I am sure.

In star trek it obviously can work. But capitalism never really existed anywhere either and is just as much of an utopian concept if it was to be implemented according to theory. Generally the bipolar idea of “either its free markets or communism” is pretty daft. In reality all through history there were people who put themselves to the top one way or the other and as soon as they get there put all the power they have into keeping that position, making ordinary people kill each other over their aims. Deep down its all about getting laid… Funny naked apes we are :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So you are planning to move to South Korea ? Where do you live ? North Korea, China ?

in Middle East

Mind to share where ? I went to Middle East, to some countries like India, Egypt, UEA, etc. Some countries I know better then others like Egypt and UEA because I lived there some months. I get curious about copyright laws in your country when you said the country are not so rigid or even dont exits.

Damn straight. What do all people with power want? More power. :stuck_out_tongue:

There is no country in which there is no copyright rule, look at the list of countries that signed up the Bern Convention. Come down to Earth.

I don’t get why companies are so darn hellbent on protecting things from people like us. I get that they don’t want to lose money and all but come on, is one little thing going to put them out of business? Especially obsolete products. They don’t even make money off of them anymore, and yet companies still freak out if you copy it. I also have experience with AMD, NVidia, and S3 when I asked if they could let me see the documentation for some very old GPUs I ripped so I can reuse them. AMD sends me into a forum which leads me to a dead end. S3 and NVidia simply ignore me. IMO, it just doesn’t make sense. How is letting a tinkerer use your GPU that isn’t even in production anymore going to hurt your profit at all? If I owned a company, I would let that person have every document they could imagine. As for the copyrights, I would let them use my property as long as they give credit and not claim my things as their own and sue ME for stealing “their” property.

So, how much budget would you allocate for someone to sit around cataloging the old docs and answering the e-mails?

It is plain simple,
since you are not buying you are not existant. There are a few excpetional companys that do not work that way, but most does.

Also since I’m already sometimes kinda annoyed about the 5th blockworld thread in this forum per month, I guess if you keep hunderets of requests for some old documentations and similar, ignoring is the natural result.

(Heck even I#m ignoring some post in this forums just by the way they are asked)

Oh yeah, good point. I have no idea. I know, I could do it myself!!! :grinning:

Then I guess AMD is half that kind of company and half not, since I did not leave them empty handed. They let me have the register documentation for the MobilityRadeon9000. They didn’t give me any hardware docs though. It’s useless now since I accidentally split the poor GPU in half (don’t ask me how).

Hi
Today I received the response from the MBC Marketing Manager .
Here it is:

Hello,

Yes, all rights of the drama are reserved under our company and you need to
acquire the licensing rights from us if you want to embed it in your
program; It will require some fee. Also, if you wish to use clips/images
from the drama, you will need to clear the actors/actresses’ rights of
likeness. Thank you.

Best,

My English is a bit weak. Can somebody say What does the sentence “you will need to clear the actors/actresses’ rights of likeness.” mean ?

Thanks so much.

It means you would have to contact the lawyers of each of the actors or actresses and also get their permission to use their images in your game.

I think it is implyed that the actors you need to contact are the ones that actually appear on the clips you use. If you use for example only clips without actors you shouldn’t need to contact anybody.

However… if I were you, I would grab a camera and start filming some friends instead.

1 Like

…except the company he already contacted who said ‘no’.

That is a good idea.
some clips I need to pick from drama are scenes related to Dragon and ghosts (there is no human there) .

I asked about fee today. I am waiting to response.