(June 2014) Monthly WIP Screenshot Thread

Another prototype for a Fighting game titled “LastBlood”.

The character is a place holder from BlendSwap, and will be replaced soon.

The animation system is something worth mentioned:

I also doing researches about robust AI for a fighting game
Currently stick with ANN from CG:Skeelogy - A.I.Fighter

A case based AI with react with input of players for more challenges and feeling of real player is needed, but I don’t have any paper in the area yet, so suggestions are welcome…

6 Likes

Wow… this looks really cool!

Sorry for the stupid question, but the vid above is your implementation of the description of techniques your applying to procedural animations & smart objects?

That is just incredible! I can only image how the fighting game would work using this.

Hi @tonegod,

The video above belong to wolfire dev’s blog from 2009 and what I do is to do the same thing in JME3 system, the technique is quite outdate now because it’s still involve a lot of math stuff; but not paramaterized enough to use comfortablely by designer for example :).

Recently David Rosen give a talk about his system in Wolfire in GDC which is also really inspirated (i saw some guys in the forum 've talked about it).

I will try to make a reasonable video explain the technique later whenever i’ve done with the code and have my own figher models :slight_smile:

1 Like

Voxel asteroid.

4 Likes
@Neomex said: Voxel asteroid.

That looks great!

Working on jME3 and Dyn4j integration: adding joint support

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3flmjMYgMI[/video]
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6sZ-ZSNTyA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

5 Likes

So, as ‘thank you’ for posting screenshots of tree rendering, we got Lithuanian spam about tree cutting business. Spammers work in mysterious ways. Long time in the past, I suddenly started getting a lot of spam in Chinese. It turned out they have harvested my email from usenet group comp.lang.java.machine and decided I have to be Chinese to post in such group…

I removed the spam

I wrote a multi-pass GPU erosion system that slowly erodes a given landscape while the program runs.
tributaries:

Colored by water direction (red), number of tributaries (green), and an associated erosive factor based on the aforementioned data points (blue):

9 Likes

It’s been a while since I posted my WIP, so here’s what’s new on my project! I’ve been working a lot lately on my regular job, so I had less time to invest (sadly) on JME3, but I’ve implemented quite a lot of things I thought would be hard and turned out to be not so hard. HyperSQL database is implemented and saves everything on the hard drive, complete multiplayer gaming with chat is implemented. More than 25 kinds of trees and 25 kinds of bushes/plants, 2 kinds of rocks (lol). Players can now break scene trees and rocks and collect pickup items out of them (branches and rocks). Inventory is half implemented but already working, can throw stuff on the scene or pick some up. All pickup items have expiry times so that they are destroyed when floating around for too long. Coming soon? Crafting possibilities of course! :smiley:

I’m not making another Minecraft (inb4 it’s not even a bloxel engine). I agree that there are similarities like the whole thing is seedable-random and never true-random which means that the exact 100% thing can be reproduced on any computer instantaneously by only inputing a serial number, somewhat like Minecraft is, but the whole thing was merely just an experiment to learn JME3 basics but I think it turns out not so bad after all. Now I think there is potential for playability and something is taking shape slowly wheter I would want it or not. I could introduce an original plot story or an original goal to it and it could be marketed. What do you guys think?

10 Likes

I think that I like what I see and that I want to see more.
And a plot would be cool if the player is not restricted to it.

1 Like

@.Ben. Your game looks really nice. Reminds me of RUST. Just need some zombie bears. Do you have a thread for this game. I have lots of questions but don’t want to hijack this thread.

1 Like

My WIP game vdrones, it’s the first video of my first jme game. It’s a rewrite of a game I started with webgl.

[video]vdrones 20140630 jme - YouTube

tech:

• 3d : blender, jmonkeyengine 3 :wink: (I’m a beginner in both)
  • ui : javafx 8 (I used JME3-JFX after some experiments with Lemur and tonegodgui)
  • physics : jmbullet a fork of jbullet + spring
  • audio : none
  • control : keyboard
  • misc : guice, github, gradle, jme sdk, eclipse,

todo : too many to list

1 Like
@benkibitzer said: I think that I like what I see and that I want to see more. And a plot would be cool if the player is not restricted to it.

Hi and thank you for your encouragement message.

@gbluntzer said: @.Ben. Your game looks really nice. Reminds me of RUST. Just need some zombie bears. Do you have a thread for this game. I have lots of questions but don't want to hijack this thread.

It’s true. But RUST looks so much better than what I’m doing. I’m not trying to copy their game tough. It’s just that this kind of survival game looks like a desired niche at the moment, just like zombie games were a couple years ago (I think this trend is going downwards now). Thanks for your encouragement message. I do not have a thread dedicated to this project yet, but I think it’s a good idea to make one eventually, so I’ll consider doing this later on, thanks for the suggestion.

Sorry, I tried like 5 times to post what I wanted, but it seems this forum is blocking my original message so I’m trying to compose another one to see if it works better: Thank you to both of you for your encouragement message. I do not have a thread for my project yet, but I will consider making one in the future when I decide on what I do with this more concretely. Yes it looks like RUST, but RUST looks so much better than my project haha… seriously, I’m not trying to copy RUST, so I might incorporate different things just to make it obvious I’m not making a RUST v2.

@.Ben. said: Sorry, I tried like 5 times to post what I wanted, but it seems this forum is blocking my original message so I'm trying to compose another one to see if it works better: Thank you to both of you for your encouragement message. I do not have a thread for my project yet, but I will consider making one in the future when I decide on what I do with this more concretely. Yes it looks like RUST, but RUST looks so much better than my project haha... seriously, I'm not trying to copy RUST, so I might incorporate different things just to make it obvious I'm not making a RUST v2.
your post was reported as a spam, idk why. I unspammed it
1 Like

Yay! Thx :smiley: Now can you delete this post and the one after the one you unspammed? O.o haha :smiley:

I present: Save The Eggs!

In this puzzle game, you are a mole called Molly and you are trying to save the farm you live in from going out of business by safely guiding the eggs into the basket. Given that the owners of the farm you live in are a little old couple, they have no idea that you are actually helping them in gathering the eggs.

Gameplay: you point and click on the terrain to raise it or lower it accordingly in order to deliver the eggs into the basket. You can also move the camera in order to see better, of course.

Side note:

The 3D assets shown are subject to change, of course.

Feel free to leave your comments :D.

3 Likes

@okelly4408
Can you post a time-lapse video of your terrain erosion system? :slight_smile:

@.Ben
Looking good so far!

Hello monthly screenshot champs! Working on anything cool these days? Whether it’s the same thing as it was back when this thread started or something brand new, however big or small, please consider sharing it for the 2015 jMonkeyEngine showcase video:

Keep the WIPs coming!