Nifty Jme downscale image in different resolutions

Hi, my goal is to draw/render an image in 1920x1080 size in two resolutions: 1920x1080 and 1280x720. Both are 16x9 resolutions. I use nifty:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<nifty>
  <screen id="start" controller="de.boldt.exo.client.StartScreenGUIController">
    <layer id="layer" childLayout="center">      
        <panel width="100%" height="100%" backgroundImage="Images/overlay.png" imageMode="normal" />
    </layer>
  </screen>
</nifty>

In 1280x720 is the image ugly pixelated. I did the same test in Slick2D before I used jme and there works fine. It looks like the downscale does not work. I feel the imageModes in nifty have nothing to do with it.

What can I do? What is the strategy in jme to support multiple resolution? Without creating more images for each resolution.

Thanks for help.

(Btw. is here no codeblock?)
*e ah thank you

http://i.imgur.com/TX5uap2.png

and

OK thanks, is here someone who can help me with my real problem?

I don’t know what functionality niftyGUI has atm.

I can tell you that TonegodGUI accounts for this on the subscreen class by using an offscreen rendering surface to represent the GUI onto a quad. er… this conversation line would be applicable.
@pspeed’s Lemur is showcased, as well.

Nifty isn’t the only one, but it is the one that ships with Core SDK. I got my copy of Tonegod’s GUI from community modules in Tools/Plugins with the 3.0 downloadable stable.

So, until someone with Nifty experience shows up… I can only say how you would put a fullscreen quad on the screen to take advantage of linear interpolation of a 2D Texture for good ol’ unshaded.
“Common/MatDefs/Misc/Unshaded.j3md” in tonegod GUI

You can scale the whole nifty display with a render resolution and a “virtual resolution”, maybe that gives a better result? (although I don’t 100% get what you’re doing or what the actual issue is)

I have misinterpreted my problem, what I need was only set the filter=true, it holds the linearity.