(November 2014) Monthly WIP Screenshot Thread

Looks very nice. I’m a really big fan of those types of games. I’ve probably played over 30 titles in the resource management and RTS genres. If you need an outside alpha/beta tester just let me know. I can provide meaningful feedback within your target audience.

Like it!
any1 else has anything to show? :slight_smile:

Thank you guys. I appreciate your great feedback.

@navybofus: At the moment is our focus on finishing an playable alpha version. As soon as this is done, we will talk about external tester.

Ok… something random that I don’t really have time to do anything with right now. Kind of an experimental abstract concept thing.

Animated!

2 Likes

My deferred SceneProcessor is progressing slowly (image on 720p):

The miniview at top are :

public enum ViewKey {
		normals
		,depths
		,albedos
		,speculars
		,matIds
		,mats
		,ao
		,positions
		//,stencil // doesn't work may require investigation / extension like https://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/ARB/stencil_texturing.txt
		;
	}
2 Likes

Wow you guys have so much talent!..

Not much to show at the moment myself, because I’ve been doing only behind the scene programming in the past 3-4 weeks… more to come in december I guess for me. Keep it up you guys, you’re all very talented.

Princess Something

Here’s what I’m currently working on!

Made my own custom scripting language for it so it supports mods for desktop (would be cool for android too)

Finally working on some very simple game for mobiles that SHOULD “really” be finished. All my other projects were too complicated for my limited time, so I simplified this one as much as possible. :slight_smile:

My first blender project that goes beyond a cube/sphere/quad.
Did not want to spend 100$ and now i spent days working on this. Probably the biggest timesink ever

@zzuegg said: http://i.imgur.com/xR8Qe7g.png

My first blender project that goes beyond a cube/sphere/quad.
Did not want to spend 100$ and now i spent days working on this. Probably the biggest timesink ever

Heheh… good job. I might have spent several days trying to generate something like that from data… and still the effect would have been “no smarter at blender” and “probably cheaper just to have bought it”. :slight_smile:

…at least you get blender education out of your approach. :smiley:

Every two hours i tought the same. It just cannot take 10 minutes to iterate over 10million vertices and do a boolean check with a texture. It cannot take 20gb ram for dooing the operations. Kind of happy with the result. greenland still sucks because of the distance to the pole. but beh. Still a bit heavy regarding vertices but that will take far more time

@zzuegg said: Every two hours i tought the same. It just cannot take 10 minutes to iterate over 10million vertices and do a boolean check with a texture. It cannot take 20gb ram for dooing the operations. Kind of happy with the result. greenland still sucks because of the distance to the pole. but beh. Still a bit heavy regarding vertices but that will take far more time

:slight_smile: In my case, I have a lot of GIS experience so the back-of-my-head-nag would have been nearly constant. I still have lots of data lying around somewhere… I think it’s loaded into a geoserver instance at the moment, even… elevation data, country boundaries, and so on.

move to jme worked out well. showing cities with more then 15k habitants:

2 Likes

My first attempt at a fps with some basic physics

There’s a whole bunch things I need to fix including the weapon stuttering when v sync is not on. But anyways here’s is what I’ve done.
Edit: Link I posted might have been wrong

1 Like

Just released my first android game:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blurine.mmm6d

4 Likes

OMG

Nice work Wez :wink:

Mindblown!

Cheers. It was a long endeavour, most of which was optimising it to actually be playable on android haha.

1 Like
@wezrule said: Cheers. It was a long endeavour, most of which was optimising it to actually be playable on android haha.
An excellent game!

Hello monthly screenshot champs! Working on anything cool these days? Whether it’s the same thing as it was back when this thread started or something brand new, however big or small, please consider sharing it for the 2015 jMonkeyEngine showcase video:

Keep the WIPs coming!