(October 2015) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

I’m learning jME3 and trying to make some plugins to import 3ds max models, such as ase/3ds/max, into jME3.
Now I’m working on AsePlugin, this is an ASE model imported.

3 Likes

WoW good work everyone. Making me feel bad for not putting more effort in to my game. Time to secretly install jme3 at work.

1 Like

Suddenly feel like I’m a kid playing Mario 64 again, looks really friendly and cool

If you create such cool plugin you will make us happy a lot. It will make easier to import my max models.
I really appreciate your effort my friend.

Following up to my own post, here is the thread about it:

1 Like

As there is no release of the Cinematic Editor of GSoC and it looks like it is not maintained anymore, I decided to start work on an own version.
The concept is a bit different though: The user can define a cinematic with a new file format and preview it in real time. I plan to add several utilities to the real time preview such as adding WayPoints etc. to ease the creation process. It is not a fully fledged GUI editor but good enough to make the cinematic creation progress faster.

This is what the GUI looks like currently:

This is a sample cinematic file:

Scene rootNode
Timeline {
    0: camera location -2.06 7.63 12.82 //set camera location (vector) after 0 seconds
    0: camera follow Cube 2  //follow the spatial Cube for 2 seconds
    0: event MotionEvent Cube {  //launch this eventafter 0 seconds
        WayPoint 0 0.5 0
        WayPoint 10 0.5 0
        LoopMode DontLoop
        Duration 2
    }
    3: camera follow Cube 2
    3: event MotionEvent camera {  //launch this event after 3 seconds
        WayPoint -2.06 7.63 12.82
        WayPoint 16 21 -12
        LoopMode DontLoop
        Duration 2
    }
}
Duration 5
LoopMode Loop
Speed 1

I plan to include a couple of new CinematicEvents and the User should be able to extend the file parser to include further custom events. Let’s see where this will end up… If it’ll be usable, I could also integrate it with the SDK by creating a plugin that adds a new button to the toolbar that launches the editor. There you could search for local cinematic files and edit them / create new ones.

5 Likes

Nice :smiley:
I’m looking forward to your progress

I was waiting for so long that someone work on something like that ! :beers:

Some one has already made a 3DS loader for Java3D. I’m learning it and maybe change it a 3DS loader for jME3 later.

3 Likes

Here is a short annotated video of a very early prototype of a game - I call it “Prototype man throws useless grenades at idiot NPC’s”. I didn’t realize how yucky the grid would look after compression, but it immediately took me back to 3rd year graphics while I was computer sciencing at university.

I’ve always wanted to make a game, and this is my first attempt. I’ve always wanted to play a game that is basically Metal Gear Solid’s soliton radar. I also like Hotline Miami. So, I’ve based the movement on Hotline Miami’s, and plan on encouraging sneaky gameplay.

I am using jMonkeyEngine, because I know java the best, and it supports Windows, linux, Mac, and android, and its open source which is very important to me. I hope to be able to contribute something to the engine while I am making this game.

3 Likes

…hahaha…you truly make me laugh…thumbs up man…haha…

1 Like

http://i.imgur.com/91sn32Q.jpg?fb

8 Likes

I’ve been doing some Modelling lately though I suck at it.
The Basic Model was easy but Reflection is the hell. Either SubSurf or Reflection but both at a time makes me cry :smiley:

Anyway now I am impatiently awaiting PBR in JME :smiley:

1 Like

Well you can use PBR if you build your own 3.1 from github and works pretty well.

1 Like

Is that a BMW E39? :wink:

1 Like

Not as impressive as your game sreenshots, but I wanted to share some progress on my Unity style entity editor