OpenGL's Successor... The Vulkan API - has anyone checked this out yet?

Ugh Apple… Always causing issues for everyone… and of course they only want their own proprietary shit, because it’s Apple… Cause issues for everyone, and charge them a ton of money… I was at Best Buy on Friday (BF), and saw apple watch wrist bands… These mofos wanted 150$. Yes, One Hundred and Fifty US Dollars… These people serious? The sad thing is PEOPLE WILL BUY IT…

Now Google… wtf no OpenCL support???

Well, it’s always good to have cross-platform tools, which is why OpenGL is so loved. Wasn’t there an issue with OpenGL not working on Apple until like last year? I think the same with Java…

One thing I wanted to ask, which I guess I’ll ask here, is why OpenGL isn’t as popular as DirectX for games (at least on Windows, where most games are created)? It seems a lot of games give choices between DX and OpenGL, but it seems that DirectX is so much more pushed and you hear about it more in the “normal people world” :stuck_out_tongue: where gamers are always talking about it…

Just curious if someone has any comments on DX vs OpenGL, or why DX is preferred?

Maybe this is best for another topic?

Thanks for the help all :slight_smile: