Will JME ever work with DirectX?

Well, @pspeed spoke about a time about 10 years ago when driver support was awful for OpenGL with ATI Radeon. He said things I believe about Shaders specifically having issues.

Yeah, but yet most games are probably programmed with DirectX, moreso than OpenGL. Maybe the new “Vulkan” API will give DirectX a run for it’s money, though I do not see why “OpenGL” is a bad alternative to DX…

Interesting about Steam Machines, what is the issue exactly? I don’t exactly understand what Steam is/was trying to do. Is it trying to make a “gaming only computer” by having an OS built around that? Is Steam OS only for “Steam” or can other server systems, like “Battle.net” work as well?

As for Linux/Mac Gaming, I understand it’s smaller than windows, especially since Mac has a 9% PC share, and Linux has 1.6% of the total PC Shares

Granted if you check out the “Devices shipped” Android comes up at almost 50%, while Windows is 15$…

So these mobile devices is where OpenGL will shine, but it’s only OpenGL ES, so there is that issue too… It seems that Vulkan is trying to stop this problem by having 1 API across the board. I’m not sure why exactly OpenGL ES is a thing, and why OpenGL itself cannot be fully ported over… I’m sure someone else here could explain why with some nice details for us though :slight_smile: