We recommend downloading the jMonkeyEngine SDK - but of course you can also build the jMonkeyEngine yourself from the sources. In this case, you need the Subversion file version system installed (svn).
- Checkout: Checkout the Subversion repository.
svn checkout http://jmonkeyengine.googlecode.com/svn/branches/3.0final/engine jme3
- You can leave login and password empty
- Build: Execute
- This compiles the JAR files in
- Javadoc: Execute
- This generates javadocs in the
- Run: Execute
- This runs the TestChooser where you can browse examples.
- Use: Create a Java SE project and place all JARs from the
dist/libdirectory on the classpath.
- You can now extend your first game from
For a detailed description of the created jar files see this list.
Learn more about: