3.2.0 release is out

That’s it, I just pushed the switch 3.2.0 is released
Note that this is the engine’s release.

Artefacts are available on jcenter.

Major change is mainly the PBR rendering pipeline, It’s quite at the state of the art right now.
Also the glTF2.0 support is here to hopefully make the asset workflow a bit less painful. I hope it will get more traction and better exporters for 3D assets modeling app.

VR support has also been added and is courtesy of @seinturier. Thanks for the work!!

I now have the keys and the switches to release in a couple of minutes. I’d like to release more often, and to keep the scope of the release quite small.
So now on to 3.3 → complete animation system overhaul. More on that later.

32 Likes

Hi there,

Congratulation. I can see your release here.

However, will it soon be moved here Releases · jMonkeyEngine/sdk · GitHub with this script format “jmonkeyplatform-linux-x64.sh”?

I also want to learn what you meant by release more often :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your time.

The SDK is not in my realm anymore. It’s been separated from the engine last year and, is not maintained by the core team. It’s a community effort lead by @Darkchaos. I’m pretty sure a release will come in the following weeks.

Like every 3 to 4 months.

1 Like

Thank you so much.

The SDK is not in my realm anymore. It’s been separated from the engine last year and, is not maintained by the core team. It’s a community effort lead by @Darkchaos. I’m pretty sure a release will come in the following weeks.

Do you have another forum for that, or it is this same forum?

It’s the same forum, yes :wink:

1 Like

Yeah. Unfortunately we’ve run into build problems once again.
Those could be solved by removing blender from the build or something but that’s not really what we want to do…

Thanks.

Did you mean bullet? Or are there issues with blender now?

Edit: or do you mean the fact that we bundle a whole blender app in our SDK?

Nope, bullet is fixed by patching the engine sourcecode. I believe that it’s a bug affecting other jbullet users as well, but I didn’t have the time or motivation to test a clean bootstrap monkey project.
(Short form: jbullet.jar and stack-alloc.jar are specified as dependency but without a version, which leads to gradle being unable to resolve that).

Correct, we don’t only bundle it but also compress it, which takes some time. It wouldn’t be a “real” solution, since it’s only postponing issues until the build takes too long again.
Also it has cool features like fbx->j3o (it internally imports the fbx to blender and exports it as blend).

I might try to just skip pack200 compression, so we at least have a 3.2.0-stable1 version out, but that’d almost double the download size.

Do we download it from blender every time or something? Or can we just pack it once?

While new features like glTF and PBR are cool, and I look forward to trying them out, I’m particularly thankful for the many bug fixes in the 3.2.0-stable release of the Engine.

As for the SDK, I downloaded its v3.2-beta1-sdk1 release today and began using it for development and deployment. Apart from one cosmetic issue, I haven’t noticed any new issues with the SDK.

4 Likes

:open_mouth: I didn’t see that the build was up! I couldn’t build it myself on windows

I don’t know if you read my post but that fixed it for me without patching the pom file of jme3-jbullet:

Yes I read the post (it was actually right after I’ve fixed it already).
Your version is actually better, however I wonder if jme3-jbullet still builds correctly (if it misses jbullet.jar).

Either way technically the core team might fix the version thing so the POM is correct in the first place.

Hi.
Thank you for the effort.
Where can I find the release notes?

There is no proper release note because we are a bit sloppy on this… Too many time between releases, and a bit too busy to spend the time scrutinising the git log to extract a proper release note.
The closest you’ll have to this is what’s described in the release on github and the git logs linked in it.
I’ll try to be better on this on next releases.

1 Like