[3079] v2.3b out!

Hey all,

It has been a crazy, busy day – but I got v2.3b out. It looks much better, and hopefully it will run a bit better too :slight_smile:

http://i.imgur.com/HEQ4J.png

BMT Micro owners can get it now, Desura people unfortunately need to wait for the Desura team to push it out :confused:

Complete list of goodies:

• New textures by Deon (from Bay12 forums) – thanks!
  • Fixed: poison status carried over into other new games
  • Fixed: you could steal character’s effects
  • Fixed: you could activate multiple antigrav devices
  • Fixed: quest targets sometimes didn’t spawn correctly
  • Fixed: characters sometimes spawned with higher than normal levels
  • Fixed: items couldn’t be picked up in downward elevators
  • Fixed: multiplayer lag (hopefully!)
  • Fixed: leaders would always be waiting for details on a quest in multiplayer
  • Fixed: players using camo in multiplayer should now always be correctly synced
  • Fixed: a rare crash when saving game
  • Fixed: conventional anti-aliasing will always be disabled to prevent crashes
  • Fixed: biome edges are now smooth
  • Made grappling hook/antigrav device use weight to determine if it can be used
  • Game is now saved periodically to prevent loss during unexpected exit of game
  • Updated crash window to say “Try turning off Advanced Graphics before contacting me”
  • Extended the day/night cycle a bit
  • Reduced the number of demons at night at the start of the game
  • Reduced the number of capital ships being spawned
  • Reduced the number of flying characters in general
  • Assault rifle now has a “burst fire” behavior
  • Stamina increases are now easier to get
  • Strength points now support more weight (causing less increases in Strength by being overburdened)
  • Characters will now hold items properly, and they will be sized correctly
  • Made elevators wider & easier to use
  • Cancelling the graphics setting window will bring you back to the Main Menu
  • Added a “Poisoned!” warning message when poisoned by terrain
  • Other small tweaks to improve performance

@ http://3079.phr00t.com/

Awesome!

How do i update the game to the latest version im stuck with v2.2B

Desura has an approval process that takes some time, unfortunately :frowning: I’ve given them all they need to push the update out…

People who buy my website get the game through BMT Micro, which luckily doesn’t have any approval process. However, Desura has that whole client thing going which will notify people of updates and other fancy stuff.

Also for desura buyers! If you want the update stuff you have to make a new world. (at least I had to)

@demman8 said:
Also for desura buyers! If you want the update stuff you have to make a new world. (at least I had to)

You don't technically need to make a new world.. just previously generated terrain won't be re-generated with new features (like better biome borders). You could play the same game, and as new terrain gets made, it will have the new features.
@phr00t said:
You don't technically need to make a new world.. just previously generated terrain won't be re-generated with new features (like better biome borders). You could play the same game, and as new terrain gets made, it will have the new features.

So like in minecraft? Pre-generated land will not be updated?
@demman8 said:
So like in minecraft? Pre-generated land will not be updated?

Well, land you have already visited gets saved to a file -- you might have even modified the land. I don't want to write over any current land files. However, new land can be generated with the latest and greatest. :)
@phr00t said:
Well, land you have already visited gets saved to a file -- you might have even modified the land. I don't want to write over any current land files. However, new land can be generated with the latest and greatest. :)

Some blocks are destroyable right? I recall breaking some.
@demman8 said:
Some blocks are destroyable right? I recall breaking some.

Yep, 3 things are considered destructible:

1) "Soft" terrain is destroyed by explosions
2) Solid grey rocks can be mined with a mining drill
3) Building blocks can be shot/punched/sliced apart