3D artist/ animator seeks small project!

Hey Guys!

Since a week i’ve become a believer. JME with the upcoming v3 is totally awesome, (Android!)… It’s amazing that an artist like me can make something work within a couple of hours.

It’s too bad I never started learning OOP. Although i like to learn stuff on the side, learning JAVA, JME and the IDE’s  is taking me a while I think.

In the meantime:

The reason i’m seeking a small project is that it would be cool to make something that really looks nice with people that preferably only want to focus on programming and really like to work on a small project with somebody with creative skills and waky character or prop designs. Tot step out of that box, Learn something together etc

Who knows or is busy on a cool project that could use some creative input on design, it would be so cool to be part of the JME3 community!

Check out my website (I’m not your every day artist)

Bye for now!

Arjen Klaverstijn,

The Netherlands

Yeah, people will basically tear you apart, all wanting a piece of your art :smiley: Really, artists are the most demanded in many projects.

Anyway, welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Normen

Erm, Normen, couldn't you and Kirill really use some cool demo content to play with for jME3? :slight_smile:

By all means shoot me a mail/pm if you could be interested in making us some custom assets arjhun, and we could talk it over. Any asset made for jME3 is sure to be seen by thousands of people :wink:

(oh and I moved this to free announcements)

Never thought of that! Making demo content could be really awesome! I see tons of small project opportunities, all doing this in my spare time ;).

Characters, scenes, GUI…

Maybe we should start a new thread or some place where we can discuss and post ideas for jme3 devs to request art for demo content and visa versa. Maybe other artist will join!

Yeah, we basically wanted to do a small ripoff of Battlezone II to test all functions of jme3.

Some guy apparently is creating some tanks etc. already, he wanted to send me something soon. I will start a thread about it and nudge you then.

Btw, what modeler do you use? We’d like to do it in Blender so we can release the source and assets for everybody to work on it w/o buying 3k$ software :wink:

Cheers,

Normen

Because of my college's preference for Maya, thats the software i'm trained in… But one of my goals is to start working more with open software… Planning on joining the next blender movie so… For projects like this I'll be making all the art in blender… Got it all installed and running incl. Ogre exporter… Just to test the workflow i made the Android robot and imported it in a simpleApplication :wink:

Awesome! Glad to have you on board. What kind of models are you best in making? (organic, terrain, machines, etc)

normen said:

Yeah, we basically wanted to do a small ripoff of Battlezone II to test all functions of jme3.

Damnit, every time I'm well on my way doing something somebody else shows up doing it better XD. I'd really apreciante any information you can share about that btw, I loved that game.

Back on toppic, looking at your art you may be interested in joining the Little Dungeon on the Prairie project. I think it does not use jME3 yet but things change. Guy in charge is kinda big on keeping things low poly (1,5k) but my personal guess is that will change when he sees it doesn't need to be that low.

I agree completely with the idea of having content for a demo…

I have been thinking for a while to start an alternative to FlagRush-Tutorial with my own, small project, idea. Back in my grad-school days I took a networked games class and built along with other two people a very simple online RPG-ish with free 3D content using Ogre3D. Seeing how this is such a frequent desire for entry-level game programmers, I think it could work rather well. That project could be taken into jme3 and transformed into a tutorial.

But in any case, even if I don't do it, I think the jME community needs some good eye-candy demo to showcase all the major aspects of the engine. We need to show an eye-popping, engaging, and fun game. Ideally one that is complete and simple.

What do you people think?  :smiley:

Your idea sounds like the "HalfLife EngineDemo"

A small room with plenty of toys! :stuck_out_tongue:

The bz2 ripoff is supposed to be that. We need great models with normal maps to show off the material pipeline in jme3, then it will of course incorporate physics and it will be a good chance to start some entity type class for game entities. Things like fx etc. are the topping and so in general it should show off most of jme3's coolness.

An artist! Don't let him get away!

Huscar said:

normen said:

Damnit, every time I'm well on my way doing something somebody else shows up doing it better XD. I'd really apreciante any information you can share about that btw, I loved that game.

Then you should join them in working on it!

Welcome to the community, Arjen... we <3 artists