3rd Party Repository?

I remember there being a discussion about creating an open-ended repository for code related to jME but not part of the core.  Is this still in existence?

I've been thinking about hosting a project related to that on my servers and was going to verify I wasn't duplicating the effort if there was already something successfully going.

There is this:

https://jme-contrib.dev.java.net/

That was it…thanks. :slight_smile:

Would the people currently using that repository be interested in having me host the repository in my SVN repository?

darkfrog said:

Would the people currently using that repository be interested in having me host the repository in my SVN repository?

The word repository appears too many times, D-!

I like the word repository…it's one of those words that makes you sound smart…and I need more of those.  :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe I'm going to go ahead and start this new project and begin adding things to it.  If anyone has anything to contribute let me know and I'll get it in.

This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department…

chirstius said:

This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department...

hehe  XD
chirstius said:

This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department...

....everybody's a comedian.  :P

I'm going to have to start being serious I think.... 
darkfrog said:

hehe

chirstius said:

darkfrog said:

Please don't.  It's much more fun around here just as things are.

Don't worry christius, he couldn't even if he tried  :P

so darkfrog, what you actually offer is to host a copy of the jme-contrib cvs on your svn server? wouldn't that lead to a split in development unless your svn repository becomes the main jme-contrib repository? if that would happen you would have to ensure the repository is publicly available on long term.

:expressionless:

My public repository HAS been available long-term. :-p

Take a look at JGN. :o

This is only if the people working on jme-contrib are interested…I'm happy to let them go their route and I'll just put out my own "contributions" API.

darkfrog said:

My public repository HAS been available long-term. :-p

Take a look at JGN.

That's not what I would consider "long term". It must be assured that even if you, darkfrog, decide to give up game development and probably your site etc., the repository is still alive.
Personally, I would avoid to participate in open source projects hosted by a single person.

that's exactly what i meant.

I can always do what I've been doing with JGN and make public releases to java.net so even if my server explodes and I die as long as java.net is still around you can still get to it. :o

Sure you don't have any assurances hosting with one person, and the likelihood of a business server going off-line is less likely, but still always a possibility.

I just remembered the jme-contrib repository and thought I would take a look to see how it ended up. Much to my disappointment it appears that it is abandoned and moved into the archives as of last month.  :frowning: