500+ downloads of the SDK beta in the first 48 hours!

Hey monkeys,

as it seems our newly released beta is going very well. We already have 500 downloads and the first 48 hours didn’t even pass yet. I think that is a very impressive number given that this is specialized software. And we’re not even mentioned in many blogs yet (e.g. opengl.org).

Big fat thanks for all of your support, we need you guys to spread the word and help us make jME3 even better! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Normen

4 Likes

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Monkey! Monkey! Monkey! YEEEHHH!

On forum.

Users active last 2 days: 150

Users active last 2 weeks: 300

Users active less then 1 month ago: 600

Users active less then 2 months ago: 800

so its really interesting getting 500 downloads when there was active only 150 known users.

It seem most of users are not using community forum :slight_smile:

so i think it will raise to 1200 in 1 week

cool :), where have you advertised? would like to see peoples reactions :stuck_out_tongue:

about video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRC9FDin5dA

someone gived voice for “not”(red one voice) :o

People are really strange

oxplay2 said:
someone gived voice for "not"(red one voice) :o
People are really strange

That's the CEO of Crytek.....he's soooo afraid now.... :p

Maybe he was the one who thumbs down’ed the video. :slight_smile:

Though I always like to imagine there’s one guy out there who feels the need to give one thumbs down to every video on youtube. “Mom, I’ll take the trash out in a minute!!! would you get off of my case?!?!” heheh

oxplay2 said:
so i think it will raise to 1200 in 1 week

Alpha-4 has been downloaded over 30.000 times, mind though it was out for over half a year..

certainly it’s impressive.

Starting value (1week - 1month) show trully users count

Later it make nonsense, becouse for example i downloaded alpha-4 3x time :slight_smile:

so if there would not be repeat download / etc, propably there would be 5 000 download times. (And it is close to forum users count)

Yes of course, note though that theres also the downloadable installers in our nightly directory for all our iranian, chinese etc. friends who cannot access google sites because of political reasons. Also it still often happens to us that we see projects and games done with jME that never really showed up here, so theres a big number of users not being active (or passive) here.

its really sad :frowning: but wait… I dont showed my work too! :evil: but i will when finish 8)

And then there are the users, that don’t use the sdk but eclipse. ^^

And the ones who build from SVN…

…yeah, yeah, and those that just copy&paste code from googlecode into their self-made computers OS ^^

yeh and me who downloaded 200 copies, just as backups

…and me who haven’t downloaded it yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

wezrule said:
yeh and me who downloaded 200 copies, just as backups

ctrl+c ----> ctrl+v :roll:
2 Likes
glaucomardano said:
ctrl+c ----> ctrl+v :roll:

Well played :)
normen said:
Alpha-4 has been downloaded over 30.000 times, mind though it was out for over half a year..

Including some alternative mirrors we had available for a while, the download count for Alpha-4 was above 50'000 before Beta.

Thanks guys :)
2 Likes