A pre look see, Dyson Wars

So I have been messing with JME3 for about three months. I’m using it at the moment to test the tech I want to put in to my game. I thought I would share a quick look what I have to show for my effort so far, haha not much. The vid’ shows a test of the volume lighting for the stars and a number ( approx 8000 ) spatial. Sorry for the jumpy camera, the chase cam is set up to jump to mouse picks at the moment.
[video]JME3, Dyson Wars, volumeLightTest 1 - YouTube
[video]http://youtu.be/OixY-_cXnfE[/video]

@norman thanks for the tip

3 Likes

…nm

1 Like

In case you want to edit your post, just add /edit to the url :slight_smile:

Edit: Oops, too late :wink:

What will this game be about? :slight_smile:

Very nice sun you got there.

Nice
How did you make your volume light?

Nice!

Didn’t Dyson propose a sphere though? I thought the rings were someone else’s idea.

@aaronperkins said: Nice! Didn't Dyson propose a sphere though? I thought the rings were someone else's idea.
thanks, and yes the cloud/sphere was from Dyson. its not a sphere coz' haven written that bit of code yet.
@InShadow said: What will this game be about? :)
see dysonwars.com for the basic idea for the game. I just started so its going to change I'm sure. ATM I woulds say its a space based RTS. I'm not sure if the final game will be with JME though as the lighting is very hard to do, though its looking more like it will be as I work things through.
@loopies said: Very nice sun you got there.
thank you.
@nehon said: Nice How did you make your volume light?
the volume lighting is a much modded version of the filter made by @thetoucher. You can find that here. the lighting is attached to my own celestial bodies system that allows for simple to complex star systems to be generated. the rings are a result of a test I ran on that which offered good testing for the the lights.