AA on models

Hey all,

So I have an issue where during an update from jME 0.11 to the current release something changed in the model loading as far as Anti-Aliasing goes (I think)

Heres the pic:

The image on the left is from the updated engine while the right is from jME 0.11.

The textures for the tile models are applied when the model loads by the engine itself (no user applied texture states).  So I guess my questions is this: is there a way to set the AA on the model converter, possibly using setProperty( “AA”, 0 )?

Thanx

There seems to be a stripe on the far left that matches the AA on the right hand portion.  Not sure why, just thought I'd point it out since it seems weird

Also seems like your shadows are Anti-aliased in the newer version where they are not in the older.  Don't know the solution to your problem, just pointing that out.  :slight_smile:

Let’s try another example, here’s the full size desktop.  it’s 500KB so be prepared.  New (Blurry:Bad) is on the left

There’s no multi-sampling on, only shadows and cell-shading.  I have basically just moved from jME 0.11 to the current and implemented StandardGame. 

And before anyone asks; yes they are the same textures, there’s no doubt there.

I wonder if it’s the good ol’ guess compressed image format thing again, how to test with no texture state…

(the strip is just where the left image was cropped to much in photoshop)

Also, is there somewhere that there is a place to find the setProperty() strings?  I know they are kinda model converter dependent, but a global overview would be nice.

it looks very much like mipmapping to me.

it seems the right one doesnt have mipmapping and the left one is using bi-linear.

Probably some change in the default setting for filtering or texture compression between the versions  (don't ask me to try and remember if there was tho…)

Awesome, thanx for the hints guys.  It was MipMapping indeed.

I just grabbed the texture state from the node before it was returned then just set the desired MM and filters on the texture itself.

basixs said:

Awesome, thanx for the hints guys.  It was MipMapping indeed.

I just grabbed the texture state from the node before it was returned then just set the desired MM and filters on the texture itself.

glad i could help.