About jme 2.0 and netbeans 6.7.1

well, you see, i already have the netbeans 6.7.1, and also, i visited the site on this tutorial:

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=setting_up_netbeans_6.7_for_jme_2.0

to download the jme files, however, some stuff dont match up, like names of the archives available to download at the site, and how the files will be named when extracted from the zips.

Could anyone who managed to install jme 2.0 on netbeans 6.7.1 with the files available for download make a detailed tutorial as for how to set it up? I really would like to have jme installed here for my scientific project of college however i am facing difficulties with the current tutorial, and would help to have an more accurate one (no offense to the creator of the actual one, its just that some stuff doesnt match with what we have for download/use)

thanks in advance

Can you plz exactly describe what is not matching, so the more experienced netbeans-jme-users can fix the problem more easy!?

bunitchu said:

well, you see, i already have the netbeans 6.7.1, and also, i visited the site on this tutorial:

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=setting_up_netbeans_6.7_for_jme_2.0

to download the jme files, however, some stuff dont match up, like names of the archives available to download at the site, and how the files will be named when extracted from the zips.

Could anyone who managed to install jme 2.0 on netbeans 6.7.1 with the files available for download make a detailed tutorial as for how to set it up? I really would like to have jme installed here for my scientific project of college however i am facing difficulties with the current tutorial, and would help to have an more accurate one (no offense to the creator of the actual one, its just that some stuff doesnt match with what we have for download/use)

thanks in advance

Just to make sure, that you install jME SVN from the trunk, so the latest development version.
This is highly recommended and if you straight follow http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=setting_up_netbeans_6.7_for_jme_svn it'll tell you how to install the latest version.

If you want to install from the downloadable archive, you have to map the directory names.
If you would have the experience on the Netbeans side, just go for it and then create a more accurate one.

I'm quite busy and just don't have the time to create a tutorial, that -in my view- no real use, since the most developers here use the latest trunk version.

well, how do i get the SVN? I already acessed the link to download the netbeans and jdk, however, i dunno how to get the SVN. Could you guys give me a link to get it?

If you're using Windows 32-bit, just follow the tutorial, when NetBeans 6.7 asks you whether you want to install the bundled subversion client, just accept.

bunitchu plz use the link provided by tim8dev. You're link is pointing to another tutorial!

yup, i am using the link he gave, got some stuff figured out, however, now i need help at 1 thing, i left the netbeans doing the check out thing, but had to leave for a few mins to solve some stuff. In the mean time, my syster came to the computer, she saw the check out was complete and said that there were 2 options, that was to open a folder or to close, and she closed. Now i dont know where i can find the "jMonkeyEngine (jar)" file that the tutorial says to me  to delete. Could you tell me where i can find that file exactly time8dev?

thanks in advance

Choose the "File->Open Project" wizard, and guide him to the directory where you checked out to.

There should be a Project named "jMonkeyEngine (jar)", so open it, and continue with the tutorial.

If it doesn't help, I would suggest do re-check-out and follow the tutorial.

oh, i see, when i get home i will continue tutorial, at college right now  :D, but so far i guess i am getting to understand everything ^^. Thanks for the help and if i have any more questions will b posting them here, but still thanks very much.

The directory structure in jme 2.0 and 2.0.1 is completely different for native libraries, you can't use the old tutorial with the new version right away. I rewrote it now:

http://jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=setting_up_netbeans_6.7_for_jme_2.0.1

Tell if anything is unclear.

well, one question here. I am already at the part where i create a project, but at tutorial it says: "Set the location to your jME2/jME2 folder containing the SVN files"

well, what folder is it that has the SVN files? or i just need to set it to the folder i named JME2? (the one i checked stuff out to). Because when i go to set the folder to the project, it never shows the svn one, the SVN only appears at the libraries setup step.

Also, when i go to create the new project on the Project Setup step (the final one i believe), i go to filed-> new project -> java -> java aplication, but  it says i cant create the project folder when i hit next, what do i do here?

OK, you're talking about the tutorial that tim8dev mentioned.

When he says you should right click and delete the "jme (jar)" project, he means in the Netbeans project window , I guess. Since your sister clcked the option NOT to open the project in Netbeans, you don't see it there under that name. On your hard drive it may be called differently, I can't go check now. 

Svn files are the ones that you have checked out to the jme2 directory, yes.

If Netbeans can't create a project , it's usually because there already is one, eg if the checkout is already configured for maven. Maybe thats why tim's tutorial wanted you to delete something.  Then use: file - new project - java app with existing sources. The tutorial i mentiond has a few tips on that too.

Sorry I'm travelling and using a handheld to reply …   

well, the only project i have created on netbeans right now is one i named jMEteste, that i created on the "Create new Project" step at tim

The tutorial tells us to delete the "jMonkeyEngine (jar)" Maven-based project. But we should "make sure to UNSELECT 'also delete source under'