About PlaneCollisionShape

Hey,
I want to have solid floor, and here is what I am doing

Geometry ground = new Geometry(“ground”, groundMesh);
ground.setMaterial(groundMat);
ground.setLocalTranslation(0, -4.2f, 0);
ground.setLocalScale(10000, 0.2f, 10000);
PlaneCollisionShape plane = new PlaneCollisionShape(new Plane(new Vector3f(0, 1, 0), 0));
RigidBodyControl rigdBodyControl = new RigidBodyControl(plane, 0);
ground.addControl(rigdBodyControl);

world.attachChild(ground);
    bulletAppState.getPhysicsSpace().add(ground);

and have enabled
bulletAppState.getPhysicsSpace().enableDebug(assetManager);

but, still I can’t see if any CollisionShape is attached, I have no idea why, maybe geometry is too big and this is a problem. Any help will be appreciated

A plane is depicted by a normal vector at its root location.

I tested to throw a sphere with collisionShape and it is working, the problem was that I could not see CollisionShape because of the size of the ground

@sofiagvala said: I tested to throw a sphere with collisionShape and it is working, the problem was that I could not see CollisionShape because of the size of the ground

Its only a normal vector, its not big.

So, Is it better if I will make a BoxCollisionShape insteed of PlaneCollisionShape? To be sure that the whole box is solid and rigid?

@sofiagvala said: So, Is it better if I will make a BoxCollisionShape insteed of PlaneCollisionShape? To be sure that the whole box is solid and rigid?

No, you said it works correct, right? I am talking about the debug visualization. You seem to expect some blue lines and get confused but I keep telling you theres only a normal vector an that its okay.

aha, now I understand, thank you :slight_smile: