AbstractMethodError / NoClassFoundException ingame while SDK show no problem

its not first time and not last time. funny is that i only changed method arguments count.

it’s soo annoying… do someone know easy way to debug it?(instead of copying projects into new projects).

:?

its more netbins issue

maybe you had a luck and dont had this problem yet, but its compiler problem.

SDK show everythng FINE, but ingame it appear, becouse of compiler:?..

it is propably becouse i have 10 projects/jars contained into 1 project… after change class name now NoClassFoundError, while in SDK everything fine OFC…

Lol, you are an eclipse user eh? ^^ Don’t import the projects, rather import their output jars by making a “Library” out of them.

nah i use only SDK(Netbins), that why this exception is so strange.

before i had EventsController and i changed name to EventController.(so i have now NoClassFoundException instead of AbstractMethodError)

i have project my gui: SilverGUI, where in it’s Jar file in dist folder is EventController actually(i checked with zip).

and i have my game project, where i import this Jar into library. and when i build(or clean and build) game it say that

is not abstract and does not override abstract method onMouseClick(int,int,boolean) in silvergui.controls.EventsController
MouseEventsController eventsController = new MouseEventsController() {

funny is that SDK show no errors + there is no EventsController. its nowhere... so i think its Netbins linking or something issue...

Have you tried a clean build?

yes, it gived nothing.

but i fixed it.

it was 100% SDK(Netbins) issue - build/linking issue.

removing dist folders or classes gave nothing too(i mean manual cleaning), but:

i just backup src files, removed projects, then i created a new projects with the same names, pasted src files + set my configuration & libraries/jar s. and it work…

I have had Netbeans “go funny”. What helped me was to clean the netbeans cache: .jmonkeyplatform/3.0beta/var/cache and then I could clean & build.

2 Likes
@jmaasing said:
I have had Netbeans "go funny". What helped me was to clean the netbeans cache: .jmonkeyplatform/3.0beta/var/cache and then I could clean & build.

Yep, I have this happen maybe once or twice a year and clearing the cache fixed it each time.
1 Like
jmaasing said:
I have had Netbeans "go funny". What helped me was to clean the netbeans cache: .jmonkeyplatform/3.0beta/var/cache and then I could clean & build.

oh, if i would know it before :o thanks!

@normen: someone gived you -1, but i belive you wanted good ;) +1

Somebody is on a “uuuh, normen is such an asshole, I will spend my time voting down his posts (instead of reading the manual)” rampage again ^^

1 Like

they try to stop you from achieving in 1500 thanks :wink: go go, next level!

@jmaasing said:

The SDK/NetBeans ALWAYS go funny in "Native Bullet". After an update to those classes and/or a new build and I almost always get a red exclamation "Contains files with errors." even if building after the appearance of that supposedly error works fine. The only way to get rid of that "error" is to delete the cache.

I've also the unresolved annoying bug where most of my global constant classes generate an error when hovered above in trace mode. Quite annoying when you're trying to tweak some value/output.
@madjack said:
The SDK/NetBeans ALWAYS go funny in "Native Bullet". After an update to those classes and/or a new build and I almost always get a red exclamation "Contains files with errors." even if building after the appearance of that supposedly error works fine. The only way to get rid of that "error" is to delete the cache.

For the jme3 project this is "normal" as the inclusion of both native and java bullet in one project is kind of a hack. The native bullet will always display errors and this is not a bug on the NetBeans side.
@normen said:
For the jme3 project this is "normal" as the inclusion of both native and java bullet in one project is kind of a hack. The native bullet will always display errors and this is not a bug on the NetBeans side.

Ah, I see.

Wouldn't it be possible to trigger a cache reset/regeneration when an update to Native Bullet is done? I know this error is a non-issue as everything builds and works, but I just hate seeing an error, even if it's a false-positive.

I've come to learn to live with it, but it looks so ugly. ;)
@madjack said:
Wouldn't it be possible to trigger a cache reset/regeneration when an update to Native Bullet is done? I know this error is a non-issue as everything builds and works, but I just hate seeing an error, even if it's a false-positive.

You just don't see the red lines because you delete the results of the scan.. Its a cosmetic change and messes with the else working scanning. The issue is that jbullet already defined those objects, they are checked against their java counterparts. I had two separate projects before but this is more convenient and the few red lines and missing auto-completions just make the differences more apparent ;) Later when native bullet is the main implementation it will be vice versa.

Alright then. Thanks for the clarification.

I’ll go pout in a corner now. :wink: