Accelerating a VehicleControl (measurement unit)

Hello!

Which is the measurement unit of the “force” that is applied to the vehicle wheels when I call accelerate-method of com.jme3.bullet.objects.PhysicsVehicle? Is that Newton, Newton metre, … ?

Firstly it depends, on what your worldscale is, my suggestion is to try and error, cause with realistic values most physic engines look not so real anyway.

@EmpirePhoenix said:
Firstly it depends, on what your worldscale is, my suggestion is to try and error, cause with realistic values most physic engines look not so real anyway.

Yeah, for example, I learned that most of them double gravity. Everyone used to complain that they felt like they were floating in Mythruna until I doubled gravity too. It's strange.
@pspeed said:
Yeah, for example, I learned that most of them double gravity. Everyone used to complain that they felt like they were floating in Mythruna until I doubled gravity too. It's strange.

Strange is being able to jump 1.5 meters high ;) But its so true that "game realism" is something different than "realism" ^^

VehicleControl looks to be a great possibility to perform arbitary movements in the x,z-plane also (not only for “real” vehicles). Isnt there a documentation about the VehicleControl and all these configuration values (dampvalue, stiffness, suspention… ect.)?

@fm27 said:
VehicleControl looks to be a great possibility to perform arbitary movements in the x,z-plane also (not only for "real" vehicles). Isnt there a documentation about the VehicleControl and all these configuration values (dampvalue, stiffness, suspention... ect.)?

The javadoc?

The TestPhysicsCar has the following link that is interesting too for that (though it flies way over my poor head):

@loopies said:
The TestPhysicsCar has the following link that is interesting too for that (though it flies way over my poor head):
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AXVUZ5xw6XpKZGNuZG56a3FfMzU0Z2NyZnF4Zmo&hl=en

This looks good, thanks.