Add two createSky() methods to com.jme3.util.SkyFactory

As discussed here, the existing createSky() interfaces do not enable you to create skies with non-integer radii, so I’ve added two new interfaces that do. I also corrected and expanded the JavaDoc.

The patch itself is available from my dropbox.

@sgold said: As discussed here, the existing createSky() interfaces do not enable you to create skies with non-integer radii, so I've added two new interfaces that do. I also corrected and expanded the JavaDoc.

The patch itself is available from my dropbox.

The thing is… I think non-integer sky radius is unnecessary. It has nothing to do with your issue. The only real “bug” found so far is in the javadoc I think.

What radius would you use if the near plane were at 0.01 world unit and the far plane were at 0.1 world unit?

@sgold said: What radius would you use if the near plane were at 0.01 world unit and the far plane were at 0.1 world unit?

There would never be a conceivable reason to do that.

1 Like

Well, then. Since I’m new here (and it’s not yet clear whether I’m Inigo or Fezzik :slight_smile: lets just correct and expand the JavaDoc.

An amended patch is available from my dropbox.

I’ve filed a new issue (#607) for the misleading javadoc in SkyFactory.

1 Like

also, your problem with the far/close range is pretty specific to your game. Most of game are in “normal” ranges, i.e. “human sized” environnements.

So, ,if you want to render things about galaxies or cells, well, you have to do more stuff yourself. As long as the solution exists (and i thank you for your solution) there is no reason to bother more than that.
You still can create your own plugin to handle a lot of specific situations in very small worlds, but there is no reason to add it in the “core” engine.
For exemple, even if a lot of people want to create cube worlds, there is no such tool in jme, at least in its core. But there IS libraries for that, as plugins.