AmbientLight too strong

Hello,

attached you’ll see two images of an identical scene, the first with AmbientLight disabled, the second with AmbientLight enabled. I have tried to vary the last distance parameter but problem didn’t disappear.

Why is AmbientLight so strong in my scene?

thanks,

Regards,

Equi

If you’re using Lighting.j3md you might want to set Shininess to something around 500-1000. I know that helped me with a similar issue. You can play with that number to get different results.

If you’re not using Lighting.j3md then I’m not sure. What shader are you using?

Hi,

I have tried to vary shininess in LightingMaterial. Shader is Lighting.j3d with Lambert and Phong.

Doesn’t work.

Thanks.

Regards,

Equi

What is the ambient light color set to? What other light is in the scene or is it only an ambient light?

Hello,

i am an idiot. I have to learn what is the difference between RGB and HSL color space.

Thanks a lot. This solved my problem.

Regards,

Equi

Hi,

The color is white, there is only one other light and this is a point light which lightens the scene you see in first image. There must be an option to decrease the resulting intensity.

Thanks.

Regards,

Equi

What happens if you set the ambient light not so bright, say: ColorRGBA( 0.1f, 0.1f, 0.1f, 1 )?

Heheh… I’m frequently frustrated by computers doing exactly what I told them to do instead of what I wanted them to do. :slight_smile:

2 Likes