An RPG Third Person Camera

Hi Jmonkey community,

It’s been a long time I don’t post anything on the forum. But I still follow what’s happend on the forum everyday. I reinstalled the jmonkey platform and then work on my old project. My aim was to recreate the Camera system you can find in a Zelda game. (Yes you can laught at me cause i tried many time…)
So, i finally got something cool. This time i don’t asked any help from the forum cause in fact google and the jmonkey documentation was good enought and i don’t wanted to flood the forum anymore.
So here a video of the camera :

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fil_Xs5K23o[/video]

The code is already just for testing but i’ll improve it to be “understandable”.

7 Likes

Haha… looks pretty good. Makes me want to pull out the PS2 and do some 3D platformers. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Whoa - Amazing. I love the artstyle of the world. :smiley:

It’s coming together nicely, congrats :slight_smile:

Very nicely done. A good camera system is no small feat. In fact, it makes or breaks your game. Are you planning to share some code? :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for this friendly commentary.

Whoa – Amazing. I love the artstyle of the world.
I imported the world from Wind Waker :). For the character it's also Wind Waker but i make all the animation by my own. That's why they are not pretty smooth.
Very nicely done. A good camera system is no small feat. In fact, it makes or breaks your game. Are you planning to share some code?
That's exactly why I take a lot of time to work on it. And yes i'll share my code. But first i need to make it more "understandable" by everyone cause at now it's full of useless things. I'll clear it and then share you the code.

LOL “that makes you want to vomit”. This could have been wezrule talking :wink:

Very nice work :wink: !

Hey,

I uploaded my whole project. But i only worked on the RpgCamera class which was lately named ZeldaCam so everything else must be wezrule writing :). I commented the biggest part but don’t hesitate if you want to ask me something. And criticism is the best way to get something very good !

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iinw86r0cib98nu

3 Likes

Nice work! Really nice!!! I’ve tried the code, but i can’t move around the world… Is there a special key combination?

You need to use an XBox360 controller or any compatible joystick.

(Instead of responding on the topic tries to send me a Private Message next time)

:smiley:

That looks awesome