Android graphic glitches

I am using jMonkeyEngine SDK 3.0, and now that you mention it I think my mesh has 36 bones. I will “prune” the 6 off the model but I don’t think I can go any lower than that. The model was actually from a Unity3D iPhone tutorial. I wonder how it was working for Unity3D?

We don’t know if the issue is actually the number of bones… Since you say its only 36, that makes it highly unlikely, since the Adreno 330 is an OpenGL ES 3.0 device.

1 Like

So do you think software skinning would solve the issue?
And is this already part of jMonkeyEngine 3.0?

never mind found it SkeletonControl.setHardwareSkinningPreferred(boolean);

@Mathias_Ciliberto @keyboardman So to solve the issue the simple way just do this…

SkeletonControl skeletonControl = player.getControl(SkeletonControl.class);
skeletonControl.setHardwareSkinningPreferred(true);

AnimControl animControl = player.getControl(AnimControl.class);
animControl.addListener(this);

So all the :heart: :heart: :heart: to @Momoko_Fan but wait I don’t get it the issue is software Skinning?
@BigBob try this out on your wagon trail game and tell me if it works for you too.

1 Like

It solved our problems! Thanks you @Momoko_Fan! @skidrunner. Now the last problem to solve on android is this: why sometimes when i move physical object with .setLinearVelocity they stop moving?..

I would open a new topic my man.

And by the way jme 3.0 software skinning is default and 3.1 hardware skinning is default.

1 Like

Yo

My game is in a plce where I can’t publish a public version as it’s in between major updates.

I also have the issue of this problem not appearing on my personal device. Would someone be willing to take a dropbox apk and test my application?

If anyone who is experiencing this issue is willing to test here is a link to the apk.

It’s a non-debug so it shouldn’t require any special settings.