Animation Sharing?

In the project I’m working on their will be a lot of animations but each model shares the same skeleton and animations.

When exporting would I have to export each animation by hand in the ogre exporter?

Is their a way I can export one skeleton with all of the animations and share the animations with the other models?

Is their a way to export each individual animation and load them according which i guess would be easier

If all models use the same rig then you can just use the same skeleton.xml file for all of them.

There’s no need to dynamically load animations, they dont take that much space anyway.

1 Like

ahh perfect thanx so I would only export the one skeleton from the main file and use the mesh data from the other characters thnx man

also as something in the future is it possible that you can add a getAnimationMap() method in control so it would be easier to share animations to skeletons which have different animations but same bones?

ie: i guess kind of like using animations the same way bvh uses them one at a time… I’m not completely sure its that simple though and i guess their was a reason its not like this now correct?

Bonechilla said:
also as something in the future is it possible that you can add a getAnimationMap() method in control so it would be easier to share animations to skeletons which have different animations but same bones?
ie: i guess kind of like using animations the same way bvh uses them one at a time... I'm not completely sure its that simple though and i guess their was a reason its not like this now correct?

The rig has to be the identical. The best way to ensure that (from an engine's perspective) is if the same skeleton.xml file is referenced by all meshes.

ahh this makes sense but couldn’t it just check the names of the bones and if they are not all exactly compliant with each other simply don’t do anything or throw an error, or is this too risky? ahh i guess the easiest way to avoid a problem is not to allow for it.

Thnx a lot for the speedy response