Animation using MakeWalk / General Questions

Its negligible. Think about the fact that the animation system has to loop though all single vertices on each frame when it does the actual animation. Looping though 5 or 10 controls to call a method on them once is nothing in comparison.

1 Like

Thatā€™s true Normen.

Export Material was checked and it works fine inside of blender or with the blender importer (more or less, sheā€™s a bit transparent and the hair color is inverted? :D)

There might be a problem with naming: the exporter has problems when exporting nodes named with doublepoint, so i corrected the scene file manually.

Maybe that also affects Materials?
And iā€™ll look into that GLSL section.

But how can I handle the AnimChannels?
Atm i create one for each control and some copyToAll(AnimControl source).

I canā€™t simply use one channel for multiple controls somehow?

And would be the creation of a channel per each Animation be possible as well? (like creating them in the play method)

Edit: I got it working now, but couldnā€™t I use my AnimControl List to simply collect all Animations (.getAnim) and manually create one Control and add that to the spatial?

It would only destroy the assignments bone->control, but i could all do that using channel.addbone

Not really, theres more data needed than the name of the animation (getAnim)ā€¦

Well I checked it and it returns the Animation class which itself has Tracks, but from the JavaDoc I could read that the data is stored inside of the Control?

Tomorrow Iā€™ll have spare time so Iā€™ll play around with blender.
Isnā€™t there a way to simply group all bone-groups to have one AnimControl?

I mean, atm it seems that something is assigned to my ā€œvertex groupsā€ aka objects which lead to multiple Controls, what is that?
The Thing is, that I want to keep that objects to e.g. swap the outfit.

Also the OGRE Exporter seems to rename the animation to ā€œmy_animationā€, I guess Iā€™d have to manually fix that afterwards.

For the renaming: Try to rename your animation in the Blender NLA editor that should work I guess

It is already called walking there :confused:

Whats the issue with directly importing the blender file?

It does not nearly animate, even if I trigger all controls.

Itā€™s rather shaking. I would guess the axis are swapped or something but I am not a pro in this.
Iā€™ll take a vid

Edit: @Kaelthas @normen Here it is. I used the SceneComposer to minimize errors done by me.
Sheā€™s naked because only the body is animated (triggered that Control) and the Animation moves the Model (which is a blender problem though).

I could fix the Materials now. Ogreexporter only exports the Materials of selected geometries.
Only the eyes still look wierd (only Black :P)

Do you think when I create one superior geometry that i could assign one armature modifier that i only have one Control?

Anyway thats something I can start work with but iā€™d love to have it work with blender importer.
Btw: the importer should not Cache the Files. Each time I edit a model, I need to restart jme in Order to have the importer reload the file.

As for the eyes, try to use the low poly eye model in makeHuman the HIigh poly model somehow does not work.

Another thing:
For problems with eyelashes etc., you have to create an own material in JME where you set transparent to true and you have to put it in the transparent bucket.

1 Like

I think I got it now, I will reply when everything works flawless.

One question is left though: The Animation never starts (except from the sync t-pose) at the center. So even though I use fixate location, itā€™s possibly running at (0, -0.5, 3). Is there a way to change this, without changing every keyframe manually?

Like simply moving the object and as everything is relative to the current root it will work?

And I still need to find some not CC-SA MoCaps as the site I posted early has a huge repository but not really something interesting to me.
I am still trying out but they rather look odd and stuff

In the same menu where you can fixate the bone location (I think Global Edit), you can also shift the animation. Simply move the model to where you want to have it (probably the origin) and then click on the shift animation button.

1 Like