Another game

I applied somewhere and they wanted me to develop a simple but well designed game. Within 5-6 days I prepared something with jmonkey. Here it is:

http://www.box.net/shared/idjx8w84k0

Playability is not well, computer is too strong but the aim was to make a good code design. Code is also in it as an eclipse project. You may look at it if you want.

There is a readme for instructions.

there is no blood :frowning:

Well it may be just me (I'm a total noob to game programming) but it seems very fine to me for a project put together in a week. Got it working also with no problems whatsoever. I will certainly take a look at the source and see what you put there :slight_smile:

Ran really smoothly… though I did not like the gameplay itself too much… the bloody enemy ALWAYS hit me… and when I spawned he always started up behind me and I was hit within 1 second by a stream of his bullets.

But really well done I think.

if you provide an ai api, this might turn into another robocode :slight_smile:

Not bad at all!..

Good gameplay, the only thing I would improve is the camera, because I would like to be able to look at what I am aiming.  :smiley:

HamsterofDeath said:

if you provide an ai api, this might turn into another robocode :)

In fact there is such a design in this game. A car is composed of three components; a model, weapon and a mind(ai). There are base classes for these structures. By extending these classes and filling in the abstract methods you can also create your models, weapons together with minds. Then create your cars(as computer players) with different combination of these. The ones which you see in the menus at the beginning are the ones I wrote in that way. When you put the classes into related extension packages they will be listed in the menus automatically.
duenez said:

Not bad at all!...

Good gameplay, the only thing I would improve is the camera, because I would like to be able to look at what I am aiming.  :D

Hmm, yes you are right, it would be better that way.

Good gameplay!

It will be better if you improve camera by your way. Moreover, it's great if you add compass to follow other objects!