Another Logo

I am not an artist but I’ve tried to ‘improve’ the monkey-head logo. I drawed it in Flash, then painted in Photoshop.

I know it’s very simple but…ehh. hope you like it.

Here is the link:

http://petra.euitio.uniovi.es/~i2140099/archivos/jMEnewlogo.png

A happy monkey? The NERVE! :slight_smile:

I do like the idea of a 3D modeled monkey head. (I.e. the current logo modeled in 3D). Then we could use it for all the demos. :slight_smile:

"mojomonk" wrote:
I do like the idea of a 3D modeled monkey head. (I.e. the current logo modeled in 3D). Then we could use it for all the demos. :)

That is what ogre uses. :D

il get right on it with my very limited 3d skills

DP

If you start off with blender, there is a monkey head available as primitive.

(add->mesh->monkey)

… could give you a starting point :slight_smile:

i HATE blender, can’t stand it!

3dsmax rules!

hey ! it can’t be that evil ! it has a monkey !

( which max hasn’t i suppose }:slight_smile: )

and it’s only 4MB to download and … ok ok i’ll shut up … :slight_smile:

That is what ogre uses.

Well, since we're being nitpicky here, its not really what Ogre uses... they use an Ogre. }:) Before I decided that Java is good enough, smart enough, and gosh darnit people like it ... I was a very close follower of Ogre3d.

Not meant as criticism of any kind to anyone or anything. If I gave that impression I unconditionally appologize.

I don't think you need to apologize. That's not what I was after. I was just curious why there were at least 2 threads about changing the logo. I thought I missed a logo-making contest or something.

Apparently people are just calling my artistry skills into question. Hopefully, it will hold out long enough that it will become engrained and people will have to accept my rendering of a lovable monkey.

"mojomonk" wrote:
Apparently people are just calling my artistry skills into question. Hopefully, it will hold out long enough that it will become engrained and people will have to accept my rendering of a lovable monkey.

In my opinion the monkey is good, but I am no expert on art.

ok, so I got a little bored, and decided to do something simple:

What ya think?

DP

Well to be honest i still think you should use the blender monkey … :wink:

hehe, il try my best to create a better one soon.

DP

That was me btw.

FWIW: That looks sweet to me.