Applet Hosting Issue

As you wish

@normen said: As you wish

ehhh?

I’ll ask them to make both .jar.pack.lzma and .lzma work as application/octet-stream and we’ll see if that does anything. Otherwise maybe I need to change my hosting.

You can do it as you want. If you want all .lzma you use .lzma, if you really only want those you use .jar.pack.lzma, the outcome for the issue at hand would be the same.

1 Like
@normen said: You can do it as you want. If you want all .lzma you use .lzma, if you really only want those you use .jar.pack.lzma, the outcome for the issue at hand would be the same.

Ah okay, that makes sense. Well it’s in the works. When I tried to add a config file myself it messed up some other parts of my site, so I asked the customer service people to handle it. If it works, then this sort of thing is probably necessary for anyone hosting with GoDaddy.

EDIT: Okay when I did it for .jar.pack.lzma it then stalled at windows_natives.jar.lzma

So I did it for just .lzma and it worked (otherwise I would need to do a bunch more weird extensions).

Huzzah!

I think that .lzma is a pretty unusual extension, so maybe the applet section of the deployment page should have something about how you might need to add a mime mapping to your server for .lzma to application/octet-stream