(April 2018) Monthly WIP & Screenshot thread

Well… it’s a project we started long ago with @pspeed, and I add features on it here and there… little by little. I won’t release it, because I won’t have time to support it for users. My hands are quite full with the engine itself.
Also there are nice alternatives:

While i generated 100 terrain tiles to counter check if my calculated weights for the heightbased shader are corret. I saw this nice mountain with clouds and snow. Puh i’m getting closer to a satisfying state.

12 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/LaJ9Kmo.gif

I don’t know how many hours (days?) I spent wandering around Mythruna just looking at cool things it generated. Time I could have spent developing. lol

2 Likes

It’s been a long time since I didn’t make model an asset, I’m back to it for a game @pspeed and I are working on

This is the high poly sculpt of a Space Bug… Those are creepy creatures that can chop off the top of your head, settle into it… and control your body…

16 Likes

Using a ghost object as a perception bubble so that my steering driver might be able to steer around nearby contacts:

The idea being that contacts can be directly delivered to the driver (in this case a steering driver) and it can use that to make decisions (in this case obstacle avoidance influencing).

The same basic mechanism delivers contacts for the regular capsule also so even player-controlled objects might use it for detecting a ladder, etc…

6 Likes

in sim-eth-es terms what would be most efficient way to detect driver controlled missile (does not need constant update from client) has collide with “ship” if the “ship” has capsule or box shape :thinking:

This probably deserves its own thread.

probably i will open new one after the reading and my attempts

We call that a girlfriend, or wife once it has complete control.

Jokes aside, brilliant work, especially the legs. I know how difficult anything organic is to make.

2 Likes

Well actually I find the most difficult part while sculpting is more the hard edges on the shell, it’s hard to get them perfectly straight and not jagged. Organic parts are quite ok.

A new rocket for my new rocket launcher I’m working on.

5 Likes

I would say too much poly for something player hardly see but it looks cool though :slight_smile:

true.

I’ve finally made the finishing touches on the Ice Storm spell I’ve been sharing screenshots of lately while I was working on setting up a decal system. I cleaned up a lot of the transitioning and I also got around to adding the first few sound effects to my game.

5 Likes

Cool, the attack of radioactive monkeys :slight_smile:

Awesome work! May I suggest to add some details to the “foot” part of the middle leg? Somehow, it feels unfinished to me. It doesn’t have a claw nor nail nor walking signs…

It’s a suction cup so that it can stick to the ceiling waiting to drop on the head of people who think that their legs are unfinished and eat their brain.
Another remark maybe?

6 Likes

Still working on android and all of its quirks. Starting to look a bit like a game now.

7 Likes

some random stuff from me

4 Likes

Hey that runs at about 55 frames more than the previous version you posted. Great job!

Actually the first was Android footage, the second is a Windows run. It’s so much quicker to debug that way. I have issues with paths between operating systems, but it’s not a huge issue. I generally run it on Android at least once every other day to keep an eye on things, and also play with it to find stuff to do.

I’m still learning how Android works and its behaviours. Bullet is an instant frame killer but it tends to be linear if you’re frugal. I’m mainly enjoying the test of being efficient tbh.

I am also testing on a 2013 LG GPad 8.3 - not a great spec but again educational.