ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException importing ogre model

HI
I have created a model in blender and after a lot of learning managed to import it into jme3 and if looks great. However when i try to animate my model i get this error

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -3
at com.jme3.animation.CompactVector3Array.deserialize(CompactVector3Array.java:95)
at com.jme3.animation.CompactVector3Array.deserialize(CompactVector3Array.java:42)
at com.jme3.animation.CompactArray.get(CompactArray.java:132)
at com.jme3.animation.BoneTrack.setTime(BoneTrack.java:232)
at com.jme3.animation.Animation.setTime(Animation.java:110)
at com.jme3.animation.AnimChannel.update(AnimChannel.java:395)
at com.jme3.animation.AnimControl.controlUpdate(AnimControl.java:332)
at com.jme3.scene.control.AbstractControl.update(AbstractControl.java:112)
at com.jme3.scene.Spatial.runControlUpdate(Spatial.java:570)
at com.jme3.scene.Spatial.updateLogicalState(Spatial.java:688)
at com.jme3.scene.Node.updateLogicalState(Node.java:145)
at com.jme3.scene.Node.updateLogicalState(Node.java:152)
at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java:244)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:185)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:228)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

I’m using blender2.69 and the ogre 0.6 exporter and jme3 (i upgraded the plugins not sure if i need to upgrade any jars)

HELLO!

From my personal experiences and tests:

2.69: I get this error always, I checked the XML and notice the output order was a bit out of place from a working sample, I didn’t test further, but I assume this was what is causing those array -3s.

2.66: The XML order is still out of place.

2.63 with the bundled ogre exporter in JME3: works 100% of the time, but the .blend does not import, I prefer working with the ogre export anyway, so this was what i chose, blender 2.69 is already in JME3 folder if I need a feature from it. XML generated from this appears to be the only “accepted” form.

1 Like