Asset implements CloneableSmartAsset but doesn't have processor to handle cloning

So I got this error message since I toss around a couple of my assets around using git and now for some reason I get a materials bug crashing my application. Something about the fact that I should not share materials, but if I don’t share them, they don’t animate themselves, they only stay static as if the code behind never woke up.

Does any of this make sense to you? A saw a post whit no real answers that date from back in 2012, but it seems like this is an odd problem. :confused:

Please paste the actual message. And tell us what version of JME you are running.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Asset implements CloneableSmartAsset but doesn't have processor to handle cloning
[Client] : Impossible de loader Models/Sinbad/Sinbad.mesh.xml
    at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.registerAndCloneSmartAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:316)
    at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:382)
    at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:389)
    at JavaKhan.Utils.Model3D.Utils_Threaded_Loading.run(Utils_Threaded_Loading.java:25)

And the version is the last jar up version of the engine, so 1.31_4 i belive, but i can’t find it back :confused:

Edit : and this by doing a simple app.getAssetManager().loadAsset(path) ;

Weird. Those two errors seem very different.

Ya, its rather wierd, but they both appear at the same time after i updated my assets list from git :confused: It seem like the cloneableSmartAsset appear whit old version of j3o, so maybie one of my IDE had a old version and converted my j3o?

The errors material is this :

GRAVE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[jME3 Main,5,main]
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Material instances cannot be shared when hardware skinning is used. Ensure all models use unique material instances.

Edit : I used to store my animated material into a hashmap and initialise them befaure the game start. For some reasons its the only wait i had them working. If i simply apply a new material the animation is static :confused:

Okay so i found a couple of wierd stuff and clean a couple of stuff. But things work now so hourai! :smiley:

Anyway one of the main problem i had was whit this :

public static void addAnisotropy() 
    {
        AssetEventListener asl = new AssetEventListener() 
        {
            public void assetLoaded(AssetKey key) 
            {}

public void assetRequested(AssetKey key) 
            {
                if (key.getExtension().equals("png") || key.getExtension().equals("jpg")
                        || key.getExtension().equals("dds")) {
                    TextureKey tkey = (TextureKey) key;
                    tkey.setAnisotropy(8);
                }
            }

public void assetDependencyNotFound(AssetKey parentKey, AssetKey dependentAssetKey) 
            {}
        };

GVars_Soul.app.getAssetManager().addAssetEventListener(asl);
    }

Any idea how this could interac whit my animated texture?