Asset loading trouble with applet

Hi

I have a problem with an applet im creating, it works just fine when i dont use textures. But when i use the asset textures it fails. The applet starts just fine at first because no textures are shown att startup, when i press a mouse button it spawns a textured box. Att this point the applet fails and appletloader screen is shown. Some times with the text Switching applet, and some timed Determining packages to load.

The applet works just fine when i dont use textures assets.

im using SimpleApplication

any help is greatly appreciated

/Rauken

Are you using the SDK (jMonkeyPlatform) to create the applet?

normen said:
Are you using the SDK (jMonkeyPlatform) to create the applet?

Yes im using jMonkeyPlatform Alpha-3

Alpha-3? If thats true I suggest updating to alpha-4 at least or even the latest nightly if you have problems with alpha-4. I dont have any problems with creating applets with images… Can you unzip the jar file and check if the images are actually there?

Does it work when running it through the applet viewer (in jmp)?

How about showing the system log at the crash and/or code used to spawn the box?

I haven’t had problems with applets in either alpha-3 or 4.

One thing i’ve noticed though is that it takes longer to start up the app (thread) when deployed, and sometimes the assetmanager is not loaded when you want to start loading assets (so you need to wait for it).

That should be apparent from the log though.

normen said:
Alpha-3? If thats true I suggest updating to alpha-4 at least or even the latest nightly if you have problems with alpha-4. I dont have any problems with creating applets with images.. Can you unzip the jar file and check if the images are actually there?

updated to alpha-4 works just fine now ty :)