Asset Not Found When Opening in Portrait Mode (Android)

This is not a problem with my Rolling Stone application which doesn’t use anything related to the gui, but does initialize a screen in order to measure the display, but the font I use is a regular BitmapText

All other applications have this issue, and I have solved it with an improper way of closing the application. Yours seems to be the proper way.

But no application is able to switch from portrait mode into landscape mode, when freshly starting the game. If the game has been previously started in landscape mode and then going to the home screen (not exiting) and leaving the app running, it can properly switch into landscape mode from there.

@BigBob said: This is not a problem with my Rolling Stone application which doesn't use anything related to the gui, but does initialize a screen in order to measure the display, but the font I use is a regular BitmapText

All other applications have this issue, and I have solved it with an improper way of closing the application. Yours seems to be the proper way.

But no application is able to switch from portrait mode into landscape mode, when freshly starting the game. If the game has been previously started in landscape mode and then going to the home screen (not exiting) and leaving the app running, it can properly switch into landscape mode from there.

I think I need to see if I can add a reshape method to screen. I’m thinking that the android harness is initializing the JME app before the orientation change. And even though this is probably not the proper order… I’ve only developed apps that are limited to either portrait or landscape, but not both… yet.

Some form of reshape that reinitializes the screen with the new dimensions is probably in order to get this to work properly.

@t0neg0d

This application is meant to stay in just landscape.

The problem is it needs to change orientation on open. Do you have a way to keep it restricted to landscape immediately?