Asset store anyone?

@pspeed Ya. That’s what I thought was happening. The part I was confused on is being in Canada and the taxes being $0 on a $10 purchase… No taxes just seemed highly unlikely.

@Ogli heh heh… Ya that’s sorta where my thinking was going with the Steam purchase I tried. I had screenshots and everything. But with absolutely no taxes on my purchase I felt that that’d confuse matters more. It did for me at least.

I’d be interested to know how much “for real”.

This site seems to indicate that it should have been 19%:

According to a brief web search, Canada does not (yet) have a sales tax on digital goods but they keep trying to push it through.

sources:

https://www.pearse-trust.ie/blog/introducing-taxes-on-digital-downloads-is-canada-next

2 Likes

Okay … it were several eBooks (five or so).
The price was 25.78 € without VAT and 30.66 including VAT (makes 4.88 € VAT, or 18.9294%).

So you’re right, it’s around 19 percent - which is also the typical VAT in Germany for “luxury goods” (there is a different one for “goods you need for your daily life”, and sometimes another one - it’s very confusing here).

Bill says 4.90 € VAT (they seem to have an error there), so it’s more or less exactly 19 percent. ^^

2 Likes

Regardless, you should really leave this to an accountant. Keep your books. Learn how to do that. Let your accountant deal with the rest.

Also remember, there is usually a minimum you must earn before your profits are even taxable. In the UK it’s about 10K. Again, seek advice in your country.

You still have to submit a tax return, you just won’t have to pay any tax.

Don’t forget profits exclude outgoings, including hardware you purchase, electricity and advertising specifically for the company. Again, there are rules on this. Seek advice. But it’s another example of how your tax return is affected in your favour.

2 Likes

Ah that explains it then.

@nehon Seems like your awesome thread got hijacked by accounting. Sorry about that!

I think so, let me ask …
EDIT: Yes, though it still goes through paypal. Basically it’s the paypal guest checkout system, you can pay with your credit card without having a paypal account.

tell me about it…

1 Like

How about a new category in the forum named “Sketchfab”? :slight_smile:

Then all questions regarding import of .gltf assets from Sketchfab and/or ideas for improvement might be the topic for that new category. But I’ve bookmared this thread so I could ask here again (but that would put even more stuff in this thread).

Well… troubleshooting might be better for gltf import issue, whatever the source, IMO.

Edit: and for ideas Improvements… I guess sketchfab’s forum is better :wink:

You won’t get lost it’s also a discourse forum.

2 Likes

Instructions unclear, got browser stuck into low res neon frog face.

1 Like

I don’t know what you’re talking abo-ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

4 Likes

I am completely wrong @pspeed . I put income tax and sales tax together and called them the same thing. I am wrong. hands up

3 Likes

Much respect. Thanks for the follow up.

4 Likes

Shamelessly bumping this thread since Sketchfab’s store is out of beta.
You can even have 10% off for the launch.

bit.ly/2KpKpsO

2 Likes