AssetNotFoundException Netbeans loading models

I am having issues loading my model.

I am using Netbeans IDE and when I run my program I am getting an “AssestNotFoundException” (please see below). The problem is that the .scene file that is shown in the exception is actually under the assets folder, I mean the path shown in the exception is ok.

I have another version of the same program where the model is loaded without an issue and the code is exactly the same. The difference between this current version and the working version is that in the current version I am also adding some audio player functionality in my program. But I am not sure if this would be the issue as the exception does not say anything about this.

Here is the exception message:
Aug 30, 2017 3:28:44 PM com.jme3.app.Application handleError
SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,6,main]
com.jme3.asset.AssetNotFoundException: Models/female/Brianna_improved/blender2ogre-export.scene
at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:283)
at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:374)
at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:378)
at modelviewer.Viewer.simpleInitApp(Viewer.java:119)
at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:226)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:130)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:207)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Line 119 at Viewer.java is as follows:
final Node player = (Node) assetManager.loadModel(CHARACTER_MODEL_FILE);

I am out of ideas of what could be the cause of this issue…

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Try converting the scene to a j3o and loading the j3o.

Most likely, the .scene plugin is not registered by default since generally deployed games shouldn’t be using the slower formats.

Edit: and actually, I’d expect a different error for bad format. So you might also double check that the upper case/lower case is exactly the same in the name.