Attaching a geometry to a physicsNode => physicsNode doesn't get rendered

When i’m attaching a Geometry to a PhysicsNode through attachChild() the PhysicsNode doesn’t get rendered any more. Only the attached Geometry. When i manually set the material(SolidColor) of the Spatial that belongs to the PhysicsNode than it gets rendered again but as you can imagine not with correct material/texture. Is there a way to tell jme3 that he should render the spatial that belongs to the PhysicsNode? Or is there a way to tell jme3 that he shouldn’t render the Geometry without detaching it?

I dont understand, Only Geometry is visible and can be rendered.

The spatial that i give the PhysicsNode in the constructor should be rendered too but isn’t when i’m attaching a geometry per attachChild().

PhysicsNode pn = new PhysicsNode(spatial, some CollisionShape, mass)

Hm, never had that happening. The spatial you supply with the constructor is also just a child. Does it happen when you simply add both normally with attachChild() and dont use the constructor?

I think i have done something wrong with updateGeometricState. I try to find it out.

You should not be doing anything with updateGeometricState() :confused: https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:updategeometricstate

But he often comes with this exception when i don’t update:

Exception in thread “LWJGL Renderer Thread” java.lang.IllegalStateException: updateGeometricState() must be called on the root node to retrieve updated world transforms.

at com.jme3.scene.Spatial.checkUpdatedTransform(Spatial.java:250)

at com.jme3.scene.Spatial.getWorldTranslation(Spatial.java:273)

Yes, its all described in the wiki page. You probably need to reorganize your update order if you often need to recalculate this.

It was an updateGeometricState() problem. And it was a real bitch this little updateGeometricState() ;). Took me nearly 4 hours to find the problem and it caused a lot of weird problems. So remember kids: Don’t fuck with updateGeometricState() ;). And a thanks to normen for his patience.

But it’s ok to call it before attaching the geometry or whatever to the rootNode?

Yes, its no problem calling it on a spatial that has no parent.