Attaching JFIF jpg picture to quad

Hi all,

i’m pulling an image off a mjpeg stream to a game server then shipping the image bytes out to my gaming client in 2 messages. i’m able to re assemble the bytes into a byte buffer but i’m riding the struggle bus on getting the image to show up in game. I think im getting reall close since i get a bunch of pixels that flicker about.

when i set:

[java]gameClient.getWebcamViewerAppState().getImageTexture().setImage(new Image(jmeformat,640,480, readBuffer.duplicate()));[/java]

to 640, 480 i get :

and when i set it to

[java]gameClient.getWebcamViewerAppState().getImageTexture().setImage(new Image(jmeformat,100,100, readBuffer.duplicate()));[/java]

100x100 i get:

Here is the full code:

[java]

public class ClientListener implements MessageListener<Client>{

private GameClient gameClient;

private ByteBuffer readBuffer;

private int currentImage = 0;

final public Format jmeformat = Format.RGBA8;

public ClientListener(GameClient gameClient){

this.gameClient = gameClient;

readBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect((6404804));

}

public void messageReceived(Client source, Message message) {

if(message instanceof WebcamMessage){

WebcamMessage webcamMessage = (WebcamMessage) message;

if(webcamMessage.getPart() == 0){

readBuffer.put(webcamMessage.getImageData());

currentImage = webcamMessage.getImageNumber();

}else if(webcamMessage.getPart() == 1 && currentImage == webcamMessage.getImageNumber()){

readBuffer.put(webcamMessage.getImageData());

if(gameClient.getWebcamViewerAppState().getImageTexture() != null)

gameClient.getWebcamViewerAppState().getImageTexture().setImage(new Image(jmeformat,100,100, readBuffer.duplicate()));

readBuffer.clear();

}

}

}

}

[/java]

I’m kind of punting here and guessing the correct jme Format, the image is supposed to be 640x480. Any insight would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance

-Allman

If the image is in JPEG format, then you need to decode it first. jME3 only expects uncompressed image data