(August 2016) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

Any better?

3 Likes

This is klingon-ish.

Quest: Dock at the Watch Tower and join the Jehovah’s Witnesses faction.

@aegroto Qapla’

@RiccardoBlb Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?

1 Like

Not much. Maybe use a trapezoid instead of a triangle? Don’t know.
I can’t tell what it should look like or what others will like to see.
I just tell you what looks odd to me - which is the easiest job in the world! :chimpanzee_closedlaugh:

And the polls say, option #1. I did scale down the icon just a bit but it’s essentially that:

1 Like

Hi want a pamphlet! :grinning:

Crash into station? Well done?
Best quest ever 10/10 :clap:

4 Likes
8 Likes

Looks great but I would prefer other icons
I think they should be more starship-themed especially the medieval shield icon

Well unless there is some other source of hundreds of free to use professional icons, I’m sticking with google material design. I can’t make any that look half good myself.

1 Like

Oh so you do everything by your own :scream:
(Haha rhink at least a quarter of my course are graphics pros :yum:)

Not bad but maybe someone here is willing enough

1 Like

I LOVE YOUR GAME :heart:

2 Likes

End result of that:

http://i.imgur.com/9IUtmhu.gif

16 Likes

Saturday evening experiment:

Raytracing heightmap vs classical terrain:

http://imgur.com/y0rSuNy

http://imgur.com/lKGSC76

~100fps for the raytracer vs 3000 for the classical subdivided quad
Upside of the raytracer would be that switching lod’s with all its downsides would not be required. Not yet sure if i am going to try to optimize it with various techniques or if i close this experiment…

12 Likes

Just finished my own HDR with bloom filter. I just need to clean it up and make it smoother, then I can add it to my shader pack.

7 Likes

Everything is scaling nicely. Fonts, borders, rounded corners, outlines all scaled according to the screen density.

Sfntly worked out quite well for font rendering on Android. Sfntly did not support the ‘ankr’ table in truetype font files so I had to write that one in myself, although I haven’t been able to test it since I haven’t actually found any ttf files that include it. According to Apple’s web-site only OSX 10.9+ and iOS 7+ support it thus far. You can add jMonkeyEngine to that list :wink:

P.S. I forgot to add DPI scaling to the width of the text field and margins of the VBox, it’s just done by multiplying the value by a dpi modifier in GuiGlobals. It can be done using styles to, just use dp(value) or dpInt(value).

P.P.S. My phone is 320dpi, PC is 96.

10 Likes

I’ve been testing cutting through the background in certain underground biomes this week. Having fun dealing with all sorts of fun transparency issues and working around visual artifacts with ssao.

16 Likes

I’ve seen spoxel around for a while, you have a full length video yet that goes over what you can do in the game?

How’d you get that? Is there some kind of API for PC? I thought they always return a nonesense value of 72?
Your UI toolkit seems to be very nice by the way and maybe I will use it or at least Lemur.